Although there is no nutritional value in the diet, most fiber is regarded as a functional food. Since they have a laxative effect, excite the action of the large intestine, increase the digestion, and also a factor involved with eliminating oxidation products, and protect against constipation in children.
And for fiber supplements for kids to work best, mothers also need to know the needs and the amount of fiber needed daily in young kids to get the proper fiber supplement.
Table of Contents
- Fiber Benefits
- List of 10 Best Fiber Supplements for Kids
- 1. Fiber Advance Gummies For Kids Daily Fiber Supplement – Editor’s Pick
- 2. Basic Care Clearlax Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Osmotic Laxative, 8.3 Oz
- 3. L’il Critters Kids Fiber Gummy Bears Supplement, 90 Count
- 4. Yummi Bears Fiber Supplement Gummy Vitamin for Kids, 60 Gummy Bears
- 5. Fiber Gummies for Kids – Fruity Sugar-Free Kids Fiber Gummy – Gluten Free Stool Softener for Toddlers – Family Pack
- 6. Metamucil Kids Fiber Thins, Chocolate Flavored Dietary Fiber Supplement Snack
- 7. Culturelle Kids Regularity Probiotic & Fiber Dietary Supplement | Helps Restore Regularity & Maintain Smooth Digestion
- 8. Gummi King Fiber Supplement
- 9. SmartyPants Kids Formula & Fiber Daily Gummy Vitamins
- 10. SmartyPants Toddler Formula Daily Gummy Vitamins
- Buying Guide for the best fiber supplement for kids and toddlers
There are two different types of fiber: insoluble and soluble. Both types of fiber can benefit kids’ health.
Insoluble fiber doesn’t dissolve in water, and this also helps pass through the digestive tract. Insoluble fiber can help encourage regular bowel movements. Foods such as brown rice, legumes, and cucumbers contain insoluble fiber.
Soluble fiber does dissolve in water. This type of fiber can help lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol. Foods like oatmeal, lentils, blueberries, and apples include soluble fiber.
The two types of fiber can help with bowel regularity, but they may also provide health benefits for Men and Women who have or have a danger of growing, the following ailments :
- Heart disease
- Metabolic syndrome
- Type 2 diabetes
Fiber may also aid in weight loss. A 2011 study by the British Journal of Nutrition found that fiber supplements, particularly in combination with a healthful diet, also promoted weight reduction, a drop in BMI, and a decrease in body fat after 12 weeks.
Fiber also provides the body with probiotics. Prebiotics are chemicals that nourish the”good” bacteria in the gut.
As stated by the Harvard School of Public Health, the recommended daily fiber intake per day is 20-30 g (g). However, many people in America only consume around 15 grams. A fiber supplement may assist individuals who find it tough to eat more fiber. However, fiber supplements aren’t a replacement for a balanced diet.
List of 10 Best Fiber Supplements for Kids
1. Fiber Advance Gummies For Kids Daily Fiber Supplement – Editor’s Pick
Gummies fiber supplement for kids each serving of 2 gummies contains 3g of Fiber. All-natural ingredients and no extra sugar, the best way to make sure your little one is getting enough fiber.
2. Basic Care Clearlax Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Osmotic Laxative, 8.3 Oz
ClearLax Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Powder for Solution, Osmotic Laxative is used to treat occasional constipation. It works by holding water from the stool to soften the stool and increases the number of bowel motions. It’s known as an osmotic-type laxative.
3. L’il Critters Kids Fiber Gummy Bears Supplement, 90 Count
L’il Critters Fiber gummies are a delicious way to back up your child’s digestive system. Each serving provides 3 grams of fiber: that is as much as 4 prunes! These great-tasting gummies come in naturally-sourced berry, strawberry, vanilla, and lemon flavors kids love. Plus they’re sugar-free and fermented.
Giving little bodies the dietary fiber they need can be hard to perform on a daily basis. Fiber vitamins make it simple and delicious. With no synthetic colors or flavors, L’il Critters’ gummies taste obviously delicious. That’s why children love ’em and parents trust them. Add just a little bit of fun for your kids’ everyday vitamins. Cody the Bear will help to get them the nutrients they need.
4. Yummi Bears Fiber Supplement Gummy Vitamin for Kids, 60 Gummy Bears
Keep things moving together with Fiber from organic Chicory Root to help preserve children’s digestion and regularity heath in a deliciously fruity gummy. Entirely organic strawberry, strawberry, orange and pineapple flavors. Dairy-free, allergen-free, gluten-free.
5. Fiber Gummies for Kids – Fruity Sugar-Free Kids Fiber Gummy – Gluten Free Stool Softener for Toddlers – Family Pack
Are you tired of sugar-coated gummies that are hard to chew, taste horrible or simply don’t work? These sugar-free gummies fiber supplements for kids are naturally tasty, assist with bowel motions and come in a big container so you save money!
Chronic constipation may cause a number of other problems like nausea, cramps, and headaches; when you purchase now, the evidence will be in the toilet! Giving kiddos the fiber that they need can be hard to do every day. These fermented fiber gummy vitamins make it simple, flavorful and help you stay away from the kitchen table fights over eating vegetables!
JoySpring was launched by a mom who, after beating a life-threatening condition, embraced a holistic lifestyle for her loved ones. Inspired by the lack of pure kids remedies, she took things into her own hands and JoySpring was born!
Our promise is simple, either you love it or it is on us – JoySpring
6. Metamucil Kids Fiber Thins, Chocolate Flavored Dietary Fiber Supplement Snack
Supporting your little one’s digestive health just got yummy. No need to conceal Fiber within their diet or give them”medication,” simply give them one serving of tasty Metamucil Kids Chocolate Fiber Thins.
The vital ingredient in Metamucil is psyllium husk. It works with their body’s natural process to promote good digestive health. Metamucil is the #1 doctor recommended fiber brand* also has been trusted by physicians for more than 80 decades.
7. Culturelle Kids Regularity Probiotic & Fiber Dietary Supplement | Helps Restore Regularity & Maintain Smooth Digestion
Culturelle Kids Regularity Probiotic & Fiber Packets supply a safe, gentle and drug-free way to help restore regularity and keep children’s digestive systems running smoothly.
Fiber supplement for kids contains a unique blend of naturally sourced components developed just for kids’ digestive systems. Flavorless packets; mix into trendy food or beverage to function. Great mixed with applesauce or yogurt. The equivalent of a small apple sourced from whole fruit kiwi and inulin — a prebiotic vegetable fiber from chicory root.
8. Gummi King Fiber Supplement
Gummi fiber supplement for kids includes six natural fruit flavors (strawberry, orange, lemon, grape, cherry, and strawberry ). They’re vegan and gelatin free and supply children with dietary fiber. Gummi King gummies are created with only the maximum quality ingredients. Each bottle includes 60 gummi king gummies.
9. SmartyPants Kids Formula & Fiber Daily Gummy Vitamins
All New Upgraded Kids Formula & Fiber! Now our vitamins include more superior ingredients: Beta Carotene, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K2 and Choline (Packing May Vary). Non-GMO. Free of eggs, milk, peanuts, tree nut allergens, fish allergens, shellfish, soy, soy, and wheat. No synthetic colors or artificial sweeteners/flavors. 3RD PARTY LAB TESTED. No refrigeration needed.
For children 4 decades of age and older, take two gummies per day for the first week, 4 gummies daily afterward. May be taken with or without meals. Chew each gummy completely. 15 essential nutrients: omega-3 EPA & DHA (from fish oil), fiber for digestion, vitamin D3 for bone & immune health, vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) for energy, vitamin E (from sunflower oil) for antioxidant support, and iodine for thyroid aid.
Multivitamin gummies for children with omega-3 EPA & DHA (essential fatty acids) sustainably sourced from wild-caught small fish.
10. SmartyPants Toddler Formula Daily Gummy Vitamins
Our science-based formulas deliver the highest-quality vitamins and essential nutrients accessible forms your child’s body prefers and can certainly use. So you get more of those nutrients you need – in a tasty arrangement that toddlers love.
Because the best supplements would be those your child will actually take.
We make our gummies extra tasty with all-natural tastes derived from sources such as fruits, spices, vegetables, and/or herbs. No artificial colors, artificial flavors, or artificial sweeteners – SmartyPants
Buying Guide for the best fiber supplement for kids and toddlers
Without a doubt, fiber supplements are among the vital diet requirements for the smooth functioning of the various body parts. Occasionally it’s hard for parents to nourish the kids with a decent amount of fibers. Thus, various food businesses provide fiber supplements for both kids and adults.
But, it’s hard for parents to choose the best one for their own children. Listed here are the vital things that assist the parents to pick the very best fiber supplement for kids depending on the indicators and body needs.
Types Of Fiber Supplements
A variety of brands provide fiber supplements in various forms. Listed below are the various kinds of fibers, together with the advantage of that sort. Let us take a peek at them.
- Chewable powder pills
- Acceptable for children over two decades
- Dissolves in mouth
- Acceptable for children over three years
- Tasty just like a candy
- Acceptable for children over three decades
- Dissolves in water
- Squeeze falls to the kid’s mouth
- For babies and infants
Simple to Swallow Pearls
- More efficient
- Acceptable for children over four decades
- Mixed into meals
- Dissolves in water
- For adults and children
The above-mentioned elaboration assists the parents to pick the best one for their children dependent on the era and enjoys of children.
Fiber supplements are derived from a broad assortment of sources. Each source has its own advantages and disadvantages. The undermentioned would be the few components that are mainly utilized in supplements.
It’s a mix of soluble and insoluble fibers that are derived from seed husks. It’s helpful to improve the regularity in the digestive tract but causes gas and bloating issues.
This sort of source typically utilized in the powder type of nutritional supplement and derived from the cellulose plant. It’s a soluble supply, and consumers may decode it in cold water immediately. It triggers a minor gas issue.
This nutritional supplement source comes from chicory root and provides a rich prebiotic that’s very good for gut bacteria. Additionally, it induces gas issues.
As its name implies this origin comes from wheat, and it satisfies the standards that are fermented. It’s soluble fiber and simple to dissolve in cold or hot water.
Normally, many manufacturers include sugar in the formulation of a fiber supplement to decrease the bitter flavor problems which are typically within the pure source. Consequently, if you’re a diabetic individual, then it’s vital to be certain how much sugar is inserted in the formulation.
Normally, 10gm of glucose is within each dose.
It’s an alternate supply of sugar to enhance the flavor of fiber supplements. However, some folks do not prefer to use artificial ingredients such as additives, coloring, as well as tastes. Thus, check the tag regarding the existence of these components and pick the one in accordance with your own likes.
Why kids should take fiber supplements?
Fiber supplements keep things moving in the digestive tract. They may help prevent constipation and diarrhea.
Is it good for kids to take fiber supplements?
Yes, they are good for kids. Fiber supplements are approved by doctors. Before your kids start using them consult with your doctor.
How much fiber do children need?
Kids between the age of 1-3 years should get about 19 grams of fiber per day, and between 4-8 years of age, kids should have about 25 grams of daily fiber.
Is it safe for kids to take fiber supplements with meals or food?
Yes, you can take fiber supplements either with a meal or with an empty stomach. But you have to increase the use of liquids in either form. We strongly recommend consulting with the doctor about using any type of supplement.
Can kids use fiber supplements for adults?
Instead of giving kids a smaller dose of a fiber supplement made for adults, consider recommending products that are made for kids. Supplements like these are specifically designed for children.
When is the best time for kids to start taking fiber supplements?
Not every kid has to take fiber supplements. If they are already getting the recommended daily dose through their diet, it’s best to keep them on diet without adding anything new to it. Babies up to six months do not need to consume fiber.
There are many causes of constipation in young children, such as a diet lacking in fiber, lack of calcium or magnesium, not drinking enough water, a habit of not going to the toilet, being inactive, etc. Fertilizers stem from nutritional causes.
Fiber is very important for children, lack of fiber makes them prone to constipation, poor digestion … At the same time, lack of fiber also leads to many other health problems such as decreased resistance. , high risk of future infections, chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease.
Therefore, for children to be able to supplement the amount of fiber needed for the body, mothers should learn and choose fiber supplements for kids so that children can provide enough nutrients with food supplements in addition to eating flowers fruits, and vegetables.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- GREAT TASTING BERRY FLAVORED GUMMY: These Sugar Free Prebiotic Fiber gummies have a fruity berry flavor everyone loves; your kids will beg you for their daily dose of fiber candy.
- NATURAL FLAVORED AND VEGETARIAN: These vegetarian prebiotic fiber gummies are certified non-GMO, gluten-free, and dairy-free. They are free of peanuts and tree nuts and they are made with natural...
- HELPS SUPPORT DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: One of the best Sugar Free Prebiotic Fiber for kids, these vitamins may help support the growth of good bacteria and can help support regularity.
- 4g PER SERVING: Each serving consists of 2 jellies, which have a total of 4 g of Fiber. This bottle contains 90 gummies, equaling 45 servings. 2 gummies per day is recommended for kids age 2+. These...
- SUGAR FREE AND KETO FRIENDLY: These Prebiotic Fiber gummies are completely sugar free. Yet we manage to maintain our great taste without any added sugar. For those who are on a keto diet, prefer a...
- Fiber for Toddlers — These fiber supplements for kids help with bowel regularity, blood sugar stabilization and gut health. Build strong young bodies and provide constipation relief for kids with...
- Plant-Powered Ingredients — Your child is a picky eater who doesn't like fiber-rich foods. This kids fiber gummy provides 5 mg of chicory root fiber per serving. These toddler fiber gummies are...
- Chewy Yummy Gummy — Kids fiber supplements can have a chalky texture and unpleasant flavor. These fiber gummies for toddlers have a candy-like chewiness without all the sugar. Enjoy the natural...
- Once Daily Supplement — These fiber gummies kids supplements incorporate easily into your family's routine. Take 3 of these childrens fiber supplement chews per day to keep your toddlers fiber...
- Made in the USA — You want the best fiber gummies for your kids constipation relief. This childrens fiber gummy is made with non-GMO ingredients in the USA. This gluten-free fiber gummy kids formula...
- ABOUT: Chapter One Fiber Gummies contains 3 grams of fiber with natural chicory root soluble fiber
- BENEFITS: Fiber is is important for overall health, specifically helps support daily digestion and regularity
- GREAT TASTING: Contains soluble fiber in a most great tasting gummy
- FREE OF: Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Dairy, Gluten, Soy and Egg
- MADE IN THE USA: Manufactured and bottled in the USA in a state of art GMP certified facility