Calcium helps your baby maintain a healthy bone and teeth system. Calcium deficiency affects babies’ development in many different ways. The most common manifestation is that children show signs of not sleeping deeply, frequent crying, frequent sweating, hair loss in the shape of scarves, and wide fontanels, which tend to be slower to crawl and crawl than other babies.
Pediatric experts recommend that babies aged 0-6 months need to supplement about 300 mg of calcium per day. The calcium needs of children from 7-12 months of age are about 400 mg of calcium/day.
With older babies who have started to eat solids, the need for calcium is also greater, and breast milk no longer provides enough calcium for babies. Mothers should get calcium supplements for kids through some calcium-rich foods like fish, kale, bananas, broccoli, tofu, oranges … and calcium supplements kids in the form of candy, vitamin pills, …
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table:
- Top Best Calcium Supplement for Kids
- 1. Yummi Bears Vegetarian Calcium + Vitamin D3 Vitamin Supplement for Kids – Editor’s Pick
- 2. Natural Calcium Citrate for Children with Raspberries
- 3. ChildLife Liquid Calcium / Magnesium for Infants, Babys, Kids, Toddlers, Children, and Teens
- 4. L’il Critters Kids Calcium Gummy Bears with Vitamin D3 Supplement – Best Flavoured Gummy Bears
- 5. Nature Made Kids First Calcium + Vitamin D3 Gummies 65 Ct
- 6. Coral Calcium Vitamin D3 Kids Gummy, Natural Cherry Flavor
- 7. GreenPeach Liquid Multivitamin for Kids
- 8. Now Supplements, Kid Cal with Calcium Citrate, Magnesium and Vitamin D
- 9. NaturesPlus Animal Parade Source of Life Calcium Children’s Chewable Multivitamin
- 10. Kid’s Liquid Calcium Magnesium Zinc Natural Cherry Flavor LifeTime
- 1. Can children take calcium supplements and vitamin D?
- 2. How much calcium do children need daily?
- 3. What age is appropriate for a child to take calcium supplements?
- 4. How do you notice if your child needs calcium?
- 5. Are there any risks of taking calcium supplements?
- 6. Why are calcium supplements good for kids?
Top Best Calcium Supplement for Kids
1. Yummi Bears Vegetarian Calcium + Vitamin D3 Vitamin Supplement for Kids – Editor’s Pick
It contains 1 Bottle of 90 vegetarian vitamin supplements. With Vitamin D3, the most bioavailable form of D, these vitamins help support the absorption of calcium for strong bones and teeth
Vegetarian-approved fruit pectin base, gelatin-free. Natural strawberry, orange, and pineapple flavors with no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Dairy-free, allergen-free, gluten-free.
2. Natural Calcium Citrate for Children with Raspberries
Natural Calcium Citrate supplement with B2, B6, K, C, and D3 Vitamins, natural raspberry juice, and dried raspberries. Calcium Citrate Osteonorm MULTI for KIDS could be the best calcium supplement for children and teens in their active growth period.
Calcium is a vital mineral for the body to maintain strong bones and teeth, heal fractures faster, and support healthy muscles, heart, and nervous system. Dietary supplements for the whole family to enjoy as a calcium citrate supplement that is natural and safe to take daily. Naturally tasty, small easy-to-swallow calcium tablets.
3. ChildLife Liquid Calcium / Magnesium for Infants, Babys, Kids, Toddlers, Children, and Teens
Liquid calcium with magnesium provides these two essential minerals combined with vitamin d and zinc in a balanced, very absorbable, great-tasting formula. These are the primary nutrients required for supporting your child’s healthy bone growth and development.
As your child grows and develops, Calcium is the most abundant mineral found in their body. Health Tip: As your child grows and develops, Calcium is the most abundant mineral found in their body, (comprising approx. 2% of total body weight), with 99% of the total calcium being found in the bones and teeth.
4. L’il Critters Kids Calcium Gummy Bears with Vitamin D3 Supplement – Best Flavoured Gummy Bears
L’il Critters Calcium & Vitamin D3 gummy vitamins make both kids and moms smile. One serving provides an excellent source of calcium with only naturally sourced flavors. And the additional vitamin D helps promote calcium absorption and bone health. Just one serving provides as much calcium as 5 oz. a glass of milk.
These great-tasting gummy vitamins come in naturally-sourced black cherry, orange, and strawberry flavors! Plus they’re gluten-free. To boost kids’ calcium intake with a gummy they’ll love, try Calcium & Vitamin D3: from America’s #1 Kids Gummy Vitamin Brand.
With no artificial colors or flavors, L’il Critters gummies taste naturally delicious. That’s why kids love ’em and parents trust them. Add a little bit of fun to your kids’ daily vitamins. Cody the Bear can help get them the nutrients they need.
We give your child all the nutrients he needs without all the extras… no high fructose corn syrup, no synthetic (FD&C) dyes, and no gluten. Because what’s in our gummies is as important as what’s not.
5. Nature Made Kids First Calcium + Vitamin D3 Gummies 65 Ct
Nature Made Kids First Calcium + Vitamin D3 Gummies help support healthy bone development and come in delicious, all-natural cherry, orange, and strawberry flavors.† They are a great-tasting way for your kids to take their supplements.
Calcium is essential to bone health.† It is the most abundant mineral in the body and helps build and support strong bones. Other important functions dependent on calcium include muscle contraction, regulation of heartbeat, and blood clotting.
Calcium stores are primarily in the skeleton. As much as 99% of the body’s calcium is found in bones and teeth, but the remaining 1% is circulated in circulating blood for use in biological functions.
When our dietary intake of calcium is inadequate, calcium from bone reserves is used to maintain circulating levels in the blood. Thus, it is important that you meet the recommended intake of calcium every day.
6. Coral Calcium Vitamin D3 Kids Gummy, Natural Cherry Flavor
Coral LLC’s Natural Calcium Vitamin D3 Gummies offer 300 mg of bioavailable calcium derived from EcoSafe, above-sea coral and 500 IU of Vitamin D3 (125 percent of recommended daily value), which together help support healthy bone development, teeth, and metabolic function.
These delicious gummies, which are also gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, soy-free, gelatin free and non-GMO, will please both children and parents alike. The distinct nature of coral calcium brings with it 73 other natural minerals beneficial to good health
Calcium gummies are suitable for ages 3 and up, ensuring that your little one receives adequate calcium and vitamin D3 during the most crucial stages of development. Even the most finicky eater will take these gummy vitamins with glee.
7. GreenPeach Liquid Multivitamin for Kids
No one likes running after their children, convincing them to take a dozen vitamin pills! That’s why GreenPeach created a super combo of kid’s liquid vitamins with immune support to help children grow healthily. Magnesium, vitamin A, B, C, D, calcium and more in a single spoonful of goodness.
- See also our recommendation on Best Immune Booster for Kids
For GreenPeach, kid health is non-negotiable! When it comes to creating kids’ vitamins, we can assure you that our supplement is 100% VEGETARIAN, NON-GMO, and Kosher friendly. We believe that the only way for your kid to grow strong bones and a healthy heart and brain is to give them wholesome nutriments made in the USA.
If your kiddo doesn’t like gummies or regular chewable vitamins, maybe it’s because he knows better. The absorption of toddler liquid multivitamins is way better than the absorption of chewable ones. The body absorbs 85% to 95% of liquid supplements, compared to only 15-20% of a capsule or 39% of gummy. So why lose time and energy chewing when sipping is more efficient?
The first years of life can be rough for a toddler, especially when his immunity is not strong enough. That’s why pediatricians recommend completing their alimentation with liquid multivitamins to provide the essential nutrients to support their body – but not only that! A better healthy life is the key to better sleep and a deeper rest, because growing healthily also means growing happily.
8. Now Supplements, Kid Cal with Calcium Citrate, Magnesium and Vitamin D
Sadly, far too many children do not get the recommended 800 to 1,300 mg of calcium they need on a daily basis. NOW Kid Cal Chewables are tasty chewable lozenges that kids will enjoy, making it easier for them to get the calcium, magnesium and vitamin D they need. Natural color variation may occur in this product.
9. NaturesPlus Animal Parade Source of Life Calcium Children’s Chewable Multivitamin
Each serving of two chewable animal tablets provides 250 mg of calcium and 50 mg of magnesium. This combination supports the rapid growth and active lifestyle of most children. The fun animal shapes along with the delicious sundae vanilla taste make Animal Parade Calcium a children’s favorite.
The formula contains calcium fructose, natural vanilla, spinach (Spinacia oleracea leaf extract), broccoli (Brassica oleracea floret extract), fig concentrate, date concentrate, stearic acid, and magnesium stearate. It is gluten-free and free from artificial colors and preservatives.
10. Kid’s Liquid Calcium Magnesium Zinc Natural Cherry Flavor LifeTime
I have done hours of research to find a suitable calcium supplement for kids. She is severely allergic to milk, eggs, and nuts so her safety is my number one concern. This supplement has been fantastic. I can’t imagine how they could make it taste any better. It’s not something I’d crave, but it’s quite tolerable in taste and that’s pretty good for a liquid vitamin. My toddler daughter takes it just a couple of times a week and she doesn’t give me any problems with it. She seems to like it.
From the beginning, LifeTime’s mission has been to produce superior supplements that are pure, effective, and of the highest quality. Kids’ Calcium Magnesium Citrate has been an overwhelming mission success!
When it comes to your children you don’t want just any vitamin supplement, you want something that is time-tested and proven. Lifetime has a long history of making perfectly balanced supplements for children.
Each serving of this child-specific formula is packed with nutrients to support healthy body functions. Calcium and magnesium work together and may support stronger bones, teeth, and healthy muscles. The Lifetime mix includes 267 IU of Vitamin D to help with easy absorption. To top it all off, this unique mixture is dairy-free, gluten-free, and has a great-tasting natural cherry flavor.
1. Can children take calcium supplements and vitamin D?
Children definitely can and should take calcium supplements and vitamin D. Dose vitamins with caution because it is possible to take too much of them. Make sure that your child takes the dosage recommended by the medical experts.
2. How much calcium do children need daily?
It generally depends on your kid’s age. The critical period to get enough calcium for kids is when they grow. Babies under 6 months old should take 200 mg. Children between 1 and 3 years of age take 700 mg. 4-8-year-olds should get 1000 mg, and finally, kids between 9 and 18 should get 1300 mg dosage.
3. What age is appropriate for a child to take calcium supplements?
Any age is appropriate for kids to take calcium supplements. Even babies can take them. However, it is important to get the dosage recommended by the doctors and pharmacy experts.
4. How do you notice if your child needs calcium?
Signs of calcium deficiency become apparent fast. You will notice that your child is feeling nauseated and weak. Calcium deficiency can make kids twitch and shake a lot. Not eating regularly is also one of the obvious indications. All these signals can lead to vomiting or, even worse, seizures.
5. Are there any risks of taking calcium supplements?
If you take the dosage prescribed by your medical expert there are no risks. However, if you take over the recommended amount, you can feel symptoms such as constipation and nausea. Diets that are extremely high in calcium can even lead to kidney stones and heart attacks, so proceed with caution and always consult your doctor.
6. Why are calcium supplements good for kids?
Sometimes it is difficult to get your child enough calcium. It is especially challenging if kids don’t drink enough milk, yogurt, or orange juice. Supplements can make up for this as long as you get the right dose for your child.
Calcium is a trace mineral that plays an important role in the development of children, calcium participates in the formation of bones and teeth, which are the main components of the body’s skeleton. In addition to bone formation, calcium also plays many other roles such as nerve cell transmission, involved in blood clotting, muscle contraction function.
When the child’s body is not getting enough calcium, it will cause rickets, small bones, deformation, growth retardation, dwarfness, uneven teeth growth, weak teeth, prone to tooth decay. In addition, when calcium deficiency, neurotransmitter activity are inhibited, children often show signs of crying at night, startled sleep, or dyskinesia.
Therefore, calcium supplement for kids is very important, in addition to improving food supplement with meals, mothers should note that children should take calcium supplements for kids so that children are provided with adequate calcium. enough for your development.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- These Vanilla Frosting Flavored, Chewable Tablets are Formulated for Kids and Contains Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamins D3 in a base of Super Fruits & Veggies that is Sweetened with EarthSweet
- Helps Maintain Strong Bones in Children
- 90 Chewable Tablets, 45 Servings
- Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Kosher Certified, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian Friendly
- Free of milk, egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans. Also free of yeast, gluten, barley and sodium.
- Bone and muscle support.*
- With Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin K1, and Magnesium.
- Ages 2+
- Safe and effective.
- Vegetarian. No peanut, dairy, soy, egg, or gluten.
- Great for children, this chewable vitamin supports overall good health & immunity with 8 essential minerals and vitamins C, D, E and K – all in one!
- Calcium for building strong bones and teeth (especially during childhood)*, magnesium for proper muscle function* and to support healthy blood sugar levels*, chromium for energy support* and selenium...
- Vitamin D3 to build strong bones and teeth*, zinc to support the immune system and healthy hair, skin and nails
- Made with premium minerals and vitamins in a form that your child's body prefers and can better absorb over other forms of these ingredients
- Non-GMO; No synthetic colors, artificial flavors or artificial sweeteners; Free of milk, eggs, shellfish, soy, peanuts, wheat, fish allergens and tree nut allergens; 3rd Party Lab Tested; No...
- Great-Tasting Gummies For Kids; Solgar U-Cubes Children's Calcium with D3 Gummies come in strawberry flavor. These tapioca-based gummies are a fun way to give your children the nutrients they need
- Promotes Healthy Bones & Teeth; These gummy calcium chews for kids provide the pediatrician-recommended daily dose of Vitamin D3; D3 assists in calcium absorption and supports immune system health;...
- With Kids & Parents In Mind; Solgar has over 70 years of experience crafting nutritional supplements you can trust; Rigorously tested for safety and potency, Solgar U-Cubes benefit from the science...
- Non-GMO & Gluten Free; Solgar U-Cube Gummies are free of: gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, yeast, artificial flavor, and preservatives
- The Gold Standard; For over 70 years Solgar has been committed to quality, health, and well-being. Our mission is to create the finest nutritional supplements in small batches, through tireless...
- ABOUT: Chapter One Bone Gummies contains bone building calcium and Vitamin D3
- BONE BUILDING: Contains 250mg of Calcium and 500IU of Vitamin D3 for optimal Calcium absorption
- GREAT TASTING: Contains calcium with Vitamin D3 in a great tasting chewable gummy
- FREE OF: Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Dairy, Gluten, Soy and Egg
- MADE IN THE USA: Manufactured and bottled in the USA in a state of art GMP certified facility
- Vitamin D Kids Liquid - This vitamin d3 kids liquid may help improve mood, bone health and immune system. Unlike tablets, this liquid formula offers faster and more efficient absorption.
- Vitamin D for Baby Drops - Did you know babies should be kept out of direct sunlight? This vitamin d formula allows your kids to get all the benefits of direct sunlight without the negative effects....
- Kids Vitamin D Drops - Kids can be picky eaters, we get it! Our kids vitamins liquid can be added to your child's favorite juice, smoothie, or by itself! Make mornings less stressful with Joysprings...
- Vitamin D Liquid -Our children's vitamin D has 250% DV to help boost vitamin d3. Your child's daily dose of sunshine in liquid vitamin d form. JoySpring's vitamin d drops don't have added sugar or...
- Vitamin D for Kids - These SunDrops are easy to use and have a delicious mint flavor. Just shake and take 5 drops once a day, and you can mix it with food or drink to mask the flavor for extra picky...