I still remember when I switched the milk for my baby to cow’s milk, and it induced acid reflux. Perhaps, her allergy to cow’s milk made things complicated. The best hypoallergenic formula milk helped me, but I had to finalize the one product considering Nutramigen Vs Alimentum.
This formula milk is suitable for babies with an allergy to cow’s milk and experiencing different stomach issues. These two top formulas are exactly what you need when your baby’s stomach is in trouble.Table could not be displayed.
The hypoallergenic formula milk is made with excellent nutritional value that fulfills the needs of the growing baby and prevents acid reflux. Therefore, there won’t be any issues when your baby’s stomach digests proteins and other constituents.
However, if you are confused about choosing the right hypoallergenic formula for your baby, then don’t worry! This short review guide is here to help you. Continue reading so that you can explore further.
Table of Contents
- Which Hypoallergenic Formula is Best?
- Who’s the Winner?
- Final Thoughts
Which Hypoallergenic Formula is Best?
No one can love a baby as much as the mommy does. That is why being a mommy, you must be asking this question, ‘Which hypoallergenic formula is best when considering Nutramigen Vs Alimentum?’.
Both of these formulas are well known worldwide for bringing good health and joy to your baby. Also, they are the best solution to acid reflux, allergic triggers, colic, or eczema. These issues can make your baby troubled, and thus, you need to do some good research for finalizing the formula.
When choosing Nutramigen Vs Alimentum, we cannot specify our choice to the one as good and the other as bad because both of them are the best baby formula available on the markets.
However, there are some potential differences and similarities that might coincide with your preference. That is why we would like to share the eminent details of both baby formulas so that you can find it easier which one to opt for.
Before diving into the details of the Nutramigen Vs Alimentum, we must clarify your concept of hypoallergenic formula. These are the formula that offers a complete package of the nutrients that your baby needs. At the same time, it helps the little angels’ stomach quickly absorb the protein.
Milk proteins are an essential part of all milk types, whether breast milk or cow’s milk. If the baby’s stomach is not tolerating them, then hypoallergenic formulas are the best ones to go for. The question rises, Nutramigen vs Alimentum: which hypoallergenic formula is best? Keep reading to know the answer to this question.
Nutramigen has excelled over the other baby milk formula available on the market because this formula is unique in containing LGG®. This formula is made after extensive hydrolysis so that it can fulfill the dietary needs of infants. This formula is specially developed for allergic babies who express any level of allergy towards cow’s milk.
Suppose you are wondering about the primary ingredients of the Nutramigen. We are glad to mention that it has different nutrients like different vitamins, e.g., A, D, E, and K, potassium, calcium, zinc, magnesium, and iron.
With all these ingredients and hydrolysis substances, the baby’s stomach will digest the proteins without any issues. After reading about Nutramigen, you might be thinking, what’s so special about it? Well, let us make you understand it through the following points.
- Nutramigen is entirely free from soy or any other dairy.
- Different pediatricians recommend it to the parents, and parents also love and trust this brand.
- This baby formula milk comes with the perfect blend of nutrients, and it helps in boosting your baby’s health.
- You can opt for purchasing Nutramigen in the powder or ready-to-feed form, depending upon your convenience.
- Your baby’s gut will get the probiotics for enhanced nourishment.
- You will be glad to learn that with Nutramigen, your baby’s brain development will be enhanced because it has an extra DHA.
However, we must not forget to share some everyday observations that are not negative, but you need to consider them. The first thing is that it is a costly formula. However, the cost justifies the results. Also, this formula has a bad taste, so there are fair chances that your baby rejects it at the first use.
It’s time to explore the Alimentum. This brand is also famous for the excellent formula to feed your baby with allergic reactions towards cow’s milk. This solution will be beneficial in helping your baby in digesting the problematic milk proteins. Thanks to the manufacturers of this formula milk for making it with the extensively hydrolyzed formula (EHF).
The makers of Alimentum have efficiently broken down the problematic proteins into smaller fragments so that your baby can easily digest them without any trouble. So, be sure you both will be happy if you feed your baby with this formula milk!
In terms of nutritional values, this baby formula is laden with several macro and micro-nutrients in addition to different types of vitamins. There are other vital factors of the Alimentum that will explain why you should prefer purchasing this formula. They are:
- When you feed your baby with this formula, there will be a consequent reaction proceeding at a faster rate. As the result of this reaction inside an upset stomach, you will see the baby releasing the colic or the gas within 24 hours.
- Thanks to the manufacturers for making it with the pre-digestion feature. It will be eliminating the baby’s gas, but you won’t see your baby spitting it or releasing it through vomit after feeding.
- Another best feature associated with this baby formula is that it includes the specialized proteins in the broken form so that babies can easily absorb them.
- Different pediatrics and health experts recommend this formula, and the mommies are also satisfied with the results.
- You can easily purchase it in the powdered form or ready to feed form at your convenience
After reading these positive aspects of the Alimentum, we must not forget to tell you some cons of this baby formula. The first issue is that it is costly when compared with conventional formula milk. Also, the manufacturers have removed the natural proteins by breaking them down into smaller fragments. As a result of this, Alimentum has lost its natural sweetness. That is the reason many babies don’t find it that tasty.
Who’s the Winner?
After explaining the details of both formula milk, it is time to decide the ultimate winner. To be honest, we cannot say one formula is better than the other, and you should opt for it because both of them are laden with the best nutrients and protein-digesting potential. Therefore, you may go for anyone between these two. Also, we strongly recommend you consult your health care professional or pediatric before finalizing the purchase.
I continued feeding my baby girl with the Nutramigen because it did not produce any side reactions, and I found my baby consuming it quickly. Also, I feel there are more pre-biotic elements inside this formula, so I preferred using it. In case of choosing any formula among these two, you will see a considerable enhancement in the health of your baby.
Nutramigen vs Alimentum: Which hypoallergenic formula is best?
Both of these baby formula milk is laden with several nutrients to fulfill the dietary requirements of your baby at a growing age. Also, they contain a hydrolyzed formula to help your baby digest the problematic proteins. I suggest you consult your pediatric before finalizing the formula, and also, you can see the changes in your child’s overall health and then continue the one giving good results.
What are the disadvantages associated with the Alimentum?
Alimentum is a highly trusted and recommended brand. However, there are some problems. This baby milk formula is costly when compared with conventional hypoallergenic formula products. The process of pre-digestion causes an unpleasant taste, due to which babies create fuss and reject it.
How much is required for the hypoallergenic formula to show working?
Either you go for the Nutramigen or Alimentum in addition to all the formula available on the market; they need a time of 48 hours to solve the gastric issues of kids and release the gas relieving baby’s stomach. The good news is that Alimentum takes only 24 hours to respond to the baby’s gastric problems.
We hope you have gained an insight into the details we explained in response to your question of Nutramigen vs Alimentum: which hypoallergenic formula is best? After reading about both the baby formula, you will now be in a better position to understand both formula’s strength factors and weaknesses.
We suggest you once meet your baby’s doctor to get his input regarding your choice. Also, the changes in the child’s overall health will be telling you much! Decide wisely!
Thank you for reading this short review guide. We would love to see your response in the comments section. Therefore, please don’t forget to share it with us.
Also, don’t miss these hypoallergenic formulas available on Amazon:
- DAIRY-FREE FORMULA: Enfamil ProSobee baby formula powder is a completely lactose and dairy free, soy formula alternative to milk-based baby formula
- POWDER FORMULA FOR MILK SENSITIVITY: Dairy free formula helps ease Fussiness, Gas Colic caused by sensitivity to milk based formulas
- COMPLETE NUTRITION: Gentle formula tailored for your baby through their first 12 months
- INFANT FORMULA: Enfamil - Infant formula recommended by Pediatricians
- SUPPORTS COGNITIVE-BRAIN DEVELOPMENT: Enfamil ProSobee has the same brain-nourishing DHA levels as Enfamil routine formula to foster cognitive brain development