We often assume that our kids are eating a good diet. However, most kids don’t eat enough fiber. Fiber is essential in the diet of toddlers, especially when it comes to their regularity. It can be hard to get kids who are picky eaters to eat foods high in fiber, but there are many different liquid fiber supplements for toddlers which you can add to their food or drink in order to ensure that they are getting the proper amount of daily dietary fiber.
If your child is having issues with constipation or irregular stools you need to start them on a daily dose of supplement right away until these problems improve under doctor supervision. A lot of parents want to go this route because they fear that if their child consumes too much fiber they will become even gassier than they already are.
But it is important to not give in to these fears because the benefits of fiber far outweigh the negative side effects that most parents fear will occur if their child eats too many foods high in dietary fiber. So with all that, there is a lot to learn and unpack and you need to know all this as constipation can be dangerous and painful for your little one.
Let’s list some of our favorite liquid fiber supplements for toddlers:
Table of Contents
- Liquid fiber supplement for Kids – Top Picks
- 1. Culturelle Kids Regularity Probiotic
- 2. HyFiber Liquid Fiber for Kids
- 3. Amazon Basic Care ClearLax, Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Powder
- 4. Fiber Choice Flavor Drops Liquid Prebiotic Fiber Supplement Tropical Orange Flavor
- 5. Bioray Kids NDF Pooper 2 Fluid Ounce
- 6. Liquid Probiotics for Women, Men & Kids by MaryRuth's
- Why does my toddler need supplements?
- Is there a liquid fiber for toddlers?
- How can I increase my toddler's fiber?
- Does my child need a liquid supplement if they don't have constipation?
- How can I help my constipated toddler poop?
Liquid fiber supplement for Kids – Top Picks
1. Culturelle Kids Regularity Probiotic
This is a proven product from Culturelle. The supplement is specially formulated for children between the ages of 1 and 11 years. According to their website, one serving has 3. 5 grams of dietary fiber and this provides healthy levels of good bacteria in the digestive system and 15% Fiber RDI per day. Parents can feel confident that their children consume healthy amounts of beneficial bacteria daily.
In addition, Culturelle Kids also provides a blend of prebiotics to support the development of good bacteria in the digestive system. Prebiotics are a type of indigestible carbohydrate found in some foods that stimulate healthy growth and activity of the good bacteria already present in your child’s body.
Things we like about this one:
- Ideal for small kids, toddlers including
- Recommended by pediatricians
- Specialy designed with gentleness in mind
2. HyFiber Liquid Fiber for Kids
HyFiber is a dietary fiber supplement for children between the ages of 1 and 11 years. It can be taken alone or mixed into food. According to their website, HyFiber provides 6 g of sugar-free fiber per serving (half an ounce). Parents can feel confident that their children are enjoying a delicious way to help maintain healthy regularity. It can take orally or mixed with food or drinks. The flavor is orange and they are allergen and sugar-free. One of the most popular brands out of there, but with a reason the HyFiber Liquid Fiber is a great thing for any toddler and you can be sure that you are giving him something quality made.
Things we think are good:
- Great tasting orange flavor to mask the taste
- Helps maintain healthy regularity
- Lessens abdominal discomfort and cramping
- No artificial colors or preservatives addedsugar-free
3. Amazon Basic Care ClearLax, Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Powder
This is a great product for a great price. The powder form has a few benefits that the supplement in liquid form doesn’t have, but either way, your child will be getting plenty of fiber with this high-quality supplement. There are 10 servings in every package and each serving provides 33 g of sugar-free dietary fiber.
Most parents agree that kids love the taste of this supplement. In addition, it is also gluten-free and allergen-free as well as vegan, so it is safe for those with food sensitivities too.
4. Fiber Choice Flavor Drops Liquid Prebiotic Fiber Supplement Tropical Orange Flavor
One serving of this supplement contains 1.4 g dietary fiber, 2 billion CFUs probiotics, and 100 mg FOS prebiotics. Fiber Choice Flavor Drops are sugar-free and gluten-free to keep your child healthy.
It has only 10 calories per serving which makes it great for all children including those with diabetes because it can be added to foods and drinks. Parents can feel confident knowing that their children are getting a healthy amount of soluble fiber per serving without the added sugars and calories found in most other supplements on the market.
5. Bioray Kids NDF Pooper 2 Fluid Ounce
Bioray Kids is a dietary fiber supplement that contains no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. It also tastes just like juice and is non-GMO. Helps kids poop with ease. Bioray Kids PDF Pooper is a dietary fiber supplement developed to provide kids between the ages of 1 and 11 years old with healthy levels of beneficial bacteria.
Each serving delivers 2 billion CFUs probiotics to support digestive health. They come in fruit punch flavor and there are no added sugars or preservatives.
Things we like:
- Best emergency constipation remedy
- Quick to work
- Removes toxins too
6. Liquid Probiotics for Women, Men & Kids by MaryRuth's
This is another great dietary fiber supplement for children. MaryRuth's Liquid Probiotics are made with only the best ingredients available to ensure that your child gets the most out of every serving, and has no added fillers or gluten. Extracted with water from a proprietary blend of three organic types of grass, these three strains are clinically proven to provide digestive health, immune health, and promote regularity. They are great for children because they are made with the best ingredients available and do not contain any harmful artificial sweeteners or gluten.
Why does my toddler need supplements?
There are many different reasons why your toddler may need a supplement, but the most common reason is constipation. A lot of kids eat very few fruits and vegetables resulting in very little fiber intake each day. And when fiber does make its way into their system it often gets stuck on the wall of their intestine causing constipation or hard stools.
Also, some toddlers develop problems with irregular stools after they receive vaccinations. This is an unfortunate reaction for some children, but it doesn't mean you should stop vaccinating. It just means that your child needs to be given a fiber supplement to help get their body's healthy bacteria increasing again so they can digest food properly and avoid problems with constipation or irregular stools.
Another common issue among toddlers is the inability to focus due to low levels of energy. This is because children who are suffering from constipation find it difficult for their intestines to absorb nutrients in the digestive system, which then leaves them tired and unfocused all day long.
You can talk with your pediatrician about trying different medications if your toddler is suffering from this serious side effect, but you should also speak with them about giving your child a daily dose of dietary fiber supplements in order to give them the energy they need to focus and play all day long.
Also, if your toddler is suffering from stomach aches or cramps that can often be fixed by adding a little fiber into their diet. Some kids may suffer from mild cases of lactose intolerance; therefore, limiting their intake of dairy products which only makes the problem worse. But again you should not go without talking with your pediatrician about these common problems.
You can try fiber supplements before you make any other changes to your child's diet because it will give them the relief they need within just a few days, but if the problem continues after giving dietary fiber supplements for a week then its time to speak with your doctor about other possible solutions such as medication or changing your child's diet.
Liquid fiber supplements for toddlers are easy to find. You can usually find them at your local grocery store or pharmacy, but if you have trouble finding them they are always available online. They are completely safe for kids to take daily and they will give you peace of mind knowing that your child is getting the dietary fiber they need on a daily basis, which will improve their quality of life substantially over time.
Is there a liquid fiber for toddlers?
Fiber supplements for toddlers are a great way to ensure your child is getting enough fiber each day, but if you have problems finding them at your local grocery store or pharmacy you can always pick them up online. They are completely safe and they will make sure that your toddler is getting the dietary fiber they need on a daily basis, which will improve their quality of life substantially in the long run.
How can I increase my toddler's fiber?
You can increase your toddler's fiber consumption very easily by adding whole-wheat products like pasta, bread, and rice into their diet. You can also feed them fruits like pears, apples, and bananas that are rich in fiber instead of giving them fruit juice which contains no dietary fiber. Finally, you should make sure to include plenty of vegetables on your table each night for dinner; including green beans is a great way to ensure your toddler is getting enough dietary fiber before bedtime.
Does my child need a liquid supplement if they don't have constipation?
You should talk with your pediatrician about giving your child some kind of dietary supplement each day even if they do not suffer from constipation or other problems that may require medication and dietary fiber supplements. This is because every child needs a certain amount of dietary fiber each day, and if they don't get it through their diet then you should give them the supplement to ensure that they are getting enough of this vital nutrient which will improve their quality of life significantly over time.
You can pick up these liquid fiber supplements at your local grocery store or pharmacy, but if you have trouble finding them you can always buy them online instead. Remember, adding dietary fiber supplements into your toddler's daily routine won't fix any problems overnight, but they will make sure that your child is getting enough dietary fiber on a daily basis.
How can I help my constipated toddler poop?
You should speak with your pediatrician about using dietary fiber supplements before you begin trying to treat the problem of constipation in your toddler. This is because adding supplements into their diet won't fix the problem overnight, but it will ensure that they are getting enough fiber on a daily basis which will help them if they do have problems with constipation now or in the future.
Talk with your pediatrician about starting your child off slowly when introducing fiber supplements into their diet so that their body begins to adjust without any negative side effects. Once you can see how well your child's body handles the supplements after several days then it’s okay to slowly start increasing the dosage before breakfast each day until you reach an amount that is effective for your child.
Fiber supplements for toddlers are a great way to ensure that your child is getting enough dietary fiber on a daily basis; they will improve their quality of life significantly over time. Fiber supplements for toddlers should only be given to children who do not suffer from constipation, but this doesn't mean that every toddler needs fiber supplements each day.
Always speak with your pediatrician before you make any drastic changes to your child's diet or routine; remember, adding dietary fiber supplements into your toddler's daily routine won’t fix any problems overnight, and giving them too much dietary fiber can actually be dangerous if done incorrectly.
If these weren't enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- DIGESTION SUPPORT: This 50 billion CFU once daily probiotic supplement includes L gasseri and L rhamnosus clinically studied for weight loss support, acidophilus for digestive health, constipation...
- WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENT: Once daily probiotic dietary supplement helps and support satiety with 4g of organic fiber
- PREBIOTIC SUPPLEMENT: This prebiotic and probiotic supplement contains organic Acacia (A. Senegal) fiber to help good bacteria thrive
- SHELF STABLE PROBIOTICS: This 50 billion probiotics supplement comes in 20 one daily packets; no refrigeration required
- ORGANIC DIET PROBIOTIC: Our probiotic for men or women is dairy free, gluten free, soy free, certified organic, vegetarian, and sugar free
- DIGESTIVE UPSET, DIARRHEA & CONSTIPATION. Toddlers & young children have delicate gut microbiomes that require specific strains of probiotics to restore balance. LoveBug Toddler & Kids Probiotics uses...
- USDA ORGANIC CERTIFIED & 100% SUGAR FREE. Make sure that the benefits of a multi-strain clinically studied probiotic aren't cancelled out before they even reach your toddlers' tummy. Probiotics have...
- AWARD WINNING. Lovebug Toddler Probiotics is the proud recipient of the Gold Medal Mom's Choice Award, the Eco-Excellence Award, and various widely recognized "Product of the Year" accolades. These...
- EASY-TO-TAKE POWDER. A tasteless powder that goes in (and on) anything. Lovebug Toddler Probiotic is able to achieve the clinical serving amount of 15 Billion CFUs (unlike Gummies) and the ease of use...
- LOVEBUG – THE NAME YOU TRUST IN PROBIOTICS FOR THE FAMILY. Created by a mom, for moms & trusted by moms everywhere, our staged-line of probiotics has you covered for the whole family. All of our...
- THE STRONGEST AVAILABLE: Our top childrens probiotics contain 5 billion CFUs and 8 specially selected strains which are MORE THAN other probiotics for kids. Super strains L. acidophilus and B. lactic...
- PREBIOTICS FOR KIDS: Each packet contains RICH ORGANIC PREBIOTICS which increases the effectiveness of the probiotics by up to 10 times. As food for probiotics, prebiotics supports the growth of...
- IMMUNE AND RESPIRATORY HEALTH: The beneficial living bacteria will live on the surface of the respiratory mucosa. The probiotics will fight against the harmful bacteria in the respiratory tract,...
- THE YUMMY WAY TO GIVE PROBIOTICS: Contain natural orange extract. Our doctor-formulated probiotics powder can be added to any cool food or beverage – it is EASY for toddlers and children aged 3+ to...
- LOVE IT OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We are PROUD of our products. We guarantee quality, purity and potency through expiration. If you are not 100% satisfied, simply return it for a full refund, no...
- Just One Dropper Per Day – Each dropper (1 mL) contains 3 mg of Zinc (from Zinc Glycinate Chelate), 20 mg of Elderberry Extract, 15 mg of Vitamin C, 400 IU of Vitamin D3, and 5 mg of bioflavonoids.
- Safe & Effective – All of our products are vegetarian friendly & free of sugar, gluten, paraben, alcohol, artificial colors, and artificial flavors. Each product comes in an amber glass bottle with...
- Inulin Infused – Inulin is great source of fiber and prebiotic. It is an excellent substitute for those picky eaters who refuse to eat their green vegetables. Inulin also has a mild and pleasant...
- Great Tasting – No metallic zinc after-taste like other products on the market. Your baby will smile every time they see our product.
- A Whole Lot Of Drops – Each bottle contains 60 servings or 2-month daily supply.
- RESTORE DIGESTIVE BALANCE - A blend of natural, prebiotic fibers that work together to feed the good bacteria in your gut, helping to promote healthy digestion and regularity. myfy is clear,...
- CLEAN SOLUBLE BLEND - With myfy what you see is what you get, it's made from just 2 plant-based ingredients. We use the soluble form of wheat fiber, Wheat Dextrin sourced from France with partially...
- STAY FULLER LONGER - Fiber is digested more slowly than simple carbs, which helps you feel fuller for longer and helps to control digestion. It also helps lower your cholesterol naturally. Soluble...
- BETTER WAY TO FIBER - A once daily serving that dissolves without grit, flavor, texture, color or odor into almost anything. myfy easily blends into all your favorite hot or cold drinks – from...
- SMART SIMPLE SOLUTION - The average adult should be consuming between 25 to 38 grams of fiber (both soluble and insoluble) from their daily diet – but most of us only reach half that amount. This...
- Liquid Iron Supplement for Women, Men, and Kids: Iron is important for blood production, cellular health, energy metabolism, and overall health. In fact, iron is important for transporting oxygen...
- Overall Health & Wellness: Support your overall health & wellness by replenishing iron levels with iron supplements, in a delicious berry flavor. Iron is a critical component of hemoglobin and...
- Enhanced Absorption: Liquid Iron supplements for women, men, and children comes from bioavailable Ferrochel, otherwise known as ferrous bisglycinate chelate, a unique form of Iron that may have higher...
- Easy-to-Take Liquid: This gentle iron supplement for women, men, and kids comes in liquid form so it’s easy to swallow and adaptable for measuring doses as needed for your family — even when the...
- For Most Lifestyles: MaryRuth's liquid iron supplement for kids and adults is Non-GMO, Vegan, No Artificial Colors. Liquid iron made in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) Facility. Dairy Free, Nut...