Children can suffer from constipation when hardened stools become hard or painful to pass. Left untreated, the condition may become chronic, because a youngster gets fearful of defecation and retains in his feces. Stool softeners and other treatments may safely help relieve the symptoms of constipation and also make your kid back to regularity.
If you want to find the best stool softeners for children? Keep reading this post to discover more.
List of 7 Best Stool Softeners for Children Reviews
1. Liquid Stool Softener for Kids – Organic Stool Softener and Liquid Laxative for Kids
Using JoySpring PottyWise droplets, it is possible to offer all-natural aid for a kid, toddler, and infant constipation. All these pediatrician-approved constipation drops utilize organic herbal ingredients to be safe and effective to the precious child and are simple to administer.
Now you can have a stool softener with a laxative for kids with organic flavor along with a kid-friendly taste, providing fast and effortless constipation relief for babies, toddlers, along developing children. A constipated baby or even a constipated toddler is surely no fun.
- Stimulant-free and created with only natural herbs, children’s stool softener softly and quickly loosens and relaxes the bowels to relieve tummy cramping, painful discomfort, and constipation.
- This pediatric stool softener is secure for alleviating constipation in kids, infants, and toddlers.
- Blended with Elderberry, Catnip Leaf, Licorice Root, Senna Leaf, Black Walnut Hull, Fennel Seed, along with Anise Seed, that superior toddler stool softener offers children constipation relief, soothes, also encourages digestion the organic manner.
- The pediatric formulation of the stimulant-free from stool softener is 100% pure! This fast aid laxative is sugar-free, gluten-free, preservative-free, and additive-free, and comes highly Suggested by clever mothers.
- In the seed into the jar, we at JoySpring embrace a strict quality control standard so that your kids may enjoy pristine natural stool softener constipation drops generated using painstaking sourcing and third-party testing.
2. Pedia-Lax Liquid Stool Softener
Poop occurs, but if it does not, there is Pedia-Lax. It is the very first line of merchandise for constipation and regularity relief created only for children from the No. 1 trusted name in laxatives.
And today Pedia-Lax Probiotic Yums help preserve natural digestive balance. Mothers told us that they had been disappointed with the limited choice of goods available to help alleviate their kids’ constipation.
So, since the country’s No. 1 laxative brand, our Pedia-Lax academics of Poopology must work and made this comprehensive line of secure, searchable goods for nausea and regularity relief, especially dosed for kids.
- #1 Pediatrician Recommended Children’s Laxative Brand.
- Pedia-Lax Liquid Stool Softener is made for less urgent cases when you need gradual relief more than a 12- to 72-hour period.
- Formulated for children ages 2-11. Kid-friendly, easy-to-dose formulation.
- Fruit punch flavored liquid that blends readily with juice or a glass of milk.
- Comprises docusate sodium, and a soft stool preservative that helps prevent dry, hard stools.
3. Colace Regular Strength Stool Softener
Colace Regular Strength Stool Softener is a stimulant-free from stool softener that provides gentle, reliable, powerful, and comfortable relief from occasional constipation at 12 to 72 hours.
- Colace Regular Strength Stool Softener effectively heals intermittent constipation. Provides gradual relief from constipation related to specific medical conditions, traveling, aging, or poor diet. A safe, gentle alternative
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. Docusate sodium, the active ingredients at Colace Capsules isn’t a diuretic. It helps for mild relief from occasional constipation. Reduces straining related to hemorrhoid flare-ups.
- Colace Regular Strength Stool Softener alleviates many symptoms of intermittent constipation, such as rare or irregular bowel movements, straining during bowel movement & hard dry stools.
- For gentle, reliable, powerful relief from occasional constipation, Colace Regular Strength Stool Softener is a superb alternative for occasional constipation.
4. Mommy’s Bliss Constipation Ease + Prebiotics for Baby’s Tummy Troubles Relief
Mommy’s Bliss Constipation Ease doesn’t have harsh laxatives, just mild, powerful herbal ingredients, such as prune juice and natural dandelion, to help get things going, obviously. Prebiotics help encourages infant’s digestive wellness.
- Produced with prune juice, natural fennel, and natural dandelion.
- Great throughout alterations to solid meals.
- Useful through potty training.
- Works softly and obviously.
- No synthetic colors, alcohol, or parabens.
5. DulcoEase Stool Softener, Liquid Gels
DulcoEase liquid gel capsules offer you comfy, stimulant-free relief from constipation by treating dry, painful, hard stools, so it’s simpler to use the restroom. DulcoEase is a stool softener & doesn’t stimulate the bowel.
- Constipation is due to a lot of things, such as reduced fiber diets, pregnancy, dehydration, drugs, anxiety, or aging.
- Using a lineup of DulcoEase stool softeners, Ducolax peppermint pills, & Ducolax laxative suppositories & applicators, Dulcolax provides you mild, dependable relief from constipation, hard dry stools, and irregular bowel motions.
- If you or a family member is in pain, ill, hurt, or just generally feeling under the weather, then you do not wish to rush into the drugstore. A well-stocked home medicine cabinet helps guarantee relief is in hand if you want it.
6. Basic Care Stool Softener, Docusate Sodium
The active ingredient at Stool Softener Laxative is docusate sodium 100 mg in each softgel, the #1 physician recommended stool softener active component. Stool Softener Laxative is a diuretic for predictable and convenient relief of gout. The easy to swallow soft gels are mild, reliable, and stimulant-free. This item is gluten-free.
- Compare to Colace active ingredient.
- Stool Softener Laxative.
- Soft, powerful & stimulant-free.
- Reputable Effect.
7. Wellements Organic Baby Move
We are dedicated to creating products to your little one which is certified organic and preservative-free. Even better, our goods aren’t bottled in plastic – better for the baby and better for Earth.
- Helps intermittent constipation and promotes regular bowel motions.
- Made to be safe and gentle for babies and toddlers without any harsh laxatives.
- Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Dyes, Parabens, Alcohol, Artificial Colors, Artificial Flavors, along with Preservatives.
- Produced in the USA using Easy, organic, and natural components, 100% Kosher and vegetarian.
- Glass bottle requires refrigeration after opening since it’s absolutely free of additives – just how nature designed and how it ought to be to your small one!
Is it safe to give children stool softeners?
It is safe as long as you give your child small doses. Never do this without consulting with the pediatrician, as it can lead to various health problems and diseases. If the constipation problem is not severe, doctors will likely prescribe a natural method.
What age is appropriate for kids to use laxatives?
It is a general opinion that laxatives are appropriate for kids of all ages. However, this excludes unweaned babies. The smartest way to relieve constipation with an unweaned baby is to give her more water between meals. Gentle belly massages are also effective in stimulating an infant’s bowel movement.
Are stool softeners suitable for everyday use?
There are types of laxatives that are recommended for daily use, but it is also essential to confer with the child’s pediatrician when dosing the right amount. It is smart to use the smallest possible dose to avoid unnecessary risks.
Which ingredients are healthy and helpful in children’s laxatives?
When you give your child stool softener, it is vital to look for natural and organic ingredients. Catnip leaf, Anise seed, or Elderberry are all great natural laxatives that can benefit your children’s bowel movement and soothe their ache.
Which children’s stool softener should I purchase?
You will make the smartest purchase if you consult with your child’s doctor. Pick natural and healthy as it’s best for your kids. We recommend a Liquid stool softener for kids, which is stimulant-free and made of natural herbs.
These are the best stool softeners For children on the market today. Hopefully, the products listed will help you make the best choice. If you have any questions, please leave a comment.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon: