It can be quite difficult to find the perfect gift for children but finding a gift for a 1-year-old is actually easier than you would think.
They probably don’t care too much about the gift because it’s that age when the box is more exciting than what’s inside the box. But what can you get them that will excite them? Keep reading to find out!
Top Gifts For 1-Year-Old Girls
1. Hape Elephant Wooden Push And Pull Toy
Pushing and pulling are two of a 1-year-old’s favorite activities. This is a cute little long trunked friend to accompany your kid around the house. And it’s fun for them to push around especially because it has wheels and moves. Not only will this toy boost your child’s hand-eye coordination but it will also help with their balance and creativity. And if you’re worried about them putting the toy in their mouth then you can stop worrying because all the materials used are child-safe and it has a non-toxic finish. Hape also has other animals available if you want to make a little zoo for your child!
- Comes with a pull-along cord
- Conveniently spaced back handle
- All materials used are non-toxic and safe for children
- Improves development skills
2. Fisher-Price Corn Popper
This is another toy that can be pushed and pulled around but there’s a bit of a twist to the one. While it’s being pushed around the colourful balls pop around inside and that is quite a thrill to children and encourages them to keep going and walk around more. The faster you push it, the faster the balls pop around.
- Strengthens baby’s gross motor skills
- Introduces child to cause and effect
- Encourages child to walk more
- Helps in developing baby’s auditory and visual senses
3. Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone
This toy has been around since the 1960s. It’s got a friendly face, a spinning dial and even some fun ringing sounds. Once again, a toy that encourages your kid to walk around more as the eyes move up and down when you pull it along with the leash. It’s like their very own pet! They can also sit around and play with it. The chatter phone also lets the child have fun with their imagination and can pretend like they are on the phone with a friend or a family member.
- The dial introduces numbers 1-9
- Teaches children responsibility and how to take care of things
- Eyes roll up and down
- Rotary dial rings
- This toy has been a huge hit since 1961
4. Fisher-Price Classic Xylophone
Now, this is a favourite among all babies. With its 8 colourful keys, it helps children tap into music-making at a very early age. All they have to do is tap the keys with the mallet to make their very own songs. It also helps kids accommodate fine motor skills and improve their hand-eye coordination.
- Can be pushed and pulled around with the string and the wheels
- Comes with a tethered mallet
- Make music by tapping the 8 colorful keys
- The mallet is attached to the xylophone so it doesn’t get lost
5. Lodgby Magnetic Drawing Board Doodle Sketch Pad
It’s a cute magnetic drawing board with 4 colour zones, a magnetic pen and even some attachable/detachable legs so it can be like a drawing table too! It also comes with a few stamps that you can use on the pad to make certain shapes. It’s fun and educational for your kid!
- Board is made with durable plastic
- Completely safe and makes no mess as it has no pigments, no dust and no ink
- The doodle board displays 4 colors making the drawing more colorful and vivid
6. Piano Mat, Musical Keyboard
Another great musical toy for your 1-year-old! It makes the sound when lightly tapped or stepped on the keys. It can help develop the child’s logical skills by seeing the music and sounds coming out of the piano mat. The music can also help improve the child’s hearing and improve sports ability as the child has to move around to make sounds.
- 40 inches when opened up but can be folded into a super-compact 7 inches
- The mat has 8 piano keys
- Each of the keys make a different animal sound
7. Bouncy Pals Unicorn Hopping Horse Plush
It has a unique design with astounding features. It’s a great companion for your child that they can play with anytime and anywhere. It’s great for indoors, outdoors, parties, and even classrooms. Your kids will just fall in love with this toy. Just jump on, grab the unicorn’s long ears and have fun!
- Made with beautiful eye-catching features
- Has four study legs
- Stimulates child’s desire to ride a real horse
- Can be easily inflated
8. Kiddieland My First Minnie Ride On
Hear Minnie Mouse play her favourite music while you ride along with Mickey on the side. You can steer the wheel and honk the horn to have real driving pleasure. Kids will love scooting along on the Ride On toy. It’s also super lightweight at just 5 pounds and your kid will have a blast riding around the house on the Ride On.
- Slide Mickey on the side and turn dial for sounds
- Flashing signal lights
- Beeping horn
- Revving engine sounds
- Moveable steering wheel
- Ignition key and gear shift
- Clock face
- Peek a boo window
9. Busy Learners Activity Cube
Complete with 14 interactive features, this toy cube has 5 sides of play that encourage discovery and observation. Helps babies to sit up and play as well as develops fine-motor skills at an early age.
The built-in motion sensor turns on fun sounds when the cube is moved. The sound attracts attention and motivates babies to crawl towards the cube.
- 4 light up buttons
- Introduces child to animal names, animal sounds, and shapes
- Helps in language development
- Can play 25 different songs and melodies
- Parent friendly with auto shut off and volume control
10. Mellisa And Doug Mine Love Doll
It comes with a pink smock outfit and a matching hat. Experts say that the best toys for children are those that motivate interaction and this doll not only does that but it also helps children learn how to care for things and teaches them responsibility and allows the kid to use their imagination and pretend like they are a grown-up.
- Comes with a pink smock outfit and a matching hat
- Perfect size for a 1-year-old at 12 inches
- Blue eyes that close when laid down to sleep
- Can suckher thumb or pacifier
11. Sassy Stacks Of Circles Stacking Rings
It assists children in understanding, big & small, sorting, arrangement and building. And the center of all the circles is the same size allowing the child to build in any regulation. It also prompts STEM learning at a very young age which will help them a great deal in the future. It also strengthens hand-eye coordination. On top of all this, it satisfies curiosity and the tangible experience.
- The bully rings make it easy for eh children to hold on to them
- Each ring is numbered to help in counting to 8
- The Center of all circles is the same size
12. Vtech Pull And Sing Puppy
This is once again a toy that the child can push and pull around with them. When you push and pull around the jesting puppy, it initiates music and increases the child’s fine motor skills alongside that. This is another toy that helps the child learn how to take care of things and at the same time is fun to play with.
- Plays music when the puppy is pushed and pulled along
- Nose lights up and flashes along with music
- Press the number buttons to learn numbers, colors and objects as well as hear a song or a question
13. Warmies Microwavable Scented Plush
It’s a soft plush toy that your child can cuddle with and it can even be microwaved to make it nice and warm for your child. Any 1 year old would love to have a warm plushy to hug! This little furry guy is a great friend and a bedtime buddy and a comforting companion. And if you want it to be cold then you can put it in a bag and store it in the freezer and use it as a cold pack for your child.
- Made with materials that meet all safety standards for all ages
- Filled with French lavender
- Manufactured with high quality, soft, and durable materials.
- Super lightweight
14. Wood City Rainbow Stacking Toys
This rainbow toy is interactive, colourful and helps with head-hand-eye coordination. Skyrockets a child’s creativity and problem-solving skills as well as provides lots of focus and fun! It also looks great in your child’s room or classroom. These arched stacking blocks are based on the Waldorf concept. The Waldorf concept is a concept that says that the learning process is primarily based on engaging the head, heart and hands or you can say, thinking, feeling and doing. This amazing toy does all three of these things making it both educational and fun for your child!
- Made with 100% natural pine wood
- Sturdy and stackable
- Completely splinter-free
15. Hape Pound and Tap Bench With Slide Out Xylophone
This musical instrument can be played in a number of ways. They can use the mallet given with the toy to strike the balls on top or you can use the slide-out xylophone It develops fine motor skills and encourages musical development, audio identification and play.
It also helps children learn colours as the balls on top and the slide-out xylophone are made of multiple colours. This is one of the best toys out there for your 1-year-old. It even won the Crisbie award for the favourite first musical toy in 2018!
- Comes with a mallet
- Can make music with the balls on top or the slide-out xylophone or both!
- Made with non toxic paints to make it safe for children
Buyer’s Guide To Buying Toys And Gifts For 1-Year-Old Girls 2023
Make sure that any products you buy for your child are made with non-toxic materials and if it helps them learn something like hand-eye coordination, problem-solving, or cause and effect then that is just a great ad-on!
Children have quite low attention spans so make sure you get something that your child will use for a while rather than just something that they will mess around with for a few days and completely forget that they have the toy. Toys that have a lot of customization options help with this a lot. Fortunately, most of the items in this list fall under this category.
It’s not always necessary but it really is great when the toy is also educational along with fun to play with. Toys that improve the child’s STEM skills and develop things like hand-eye coordination, drawing, painting, problem solving, etc.
Before buying any product online, read the reviews. See what people who have already bought the product thing about the product. Reviews can help you find out if your child will like the toy, whether it’s durable or not, and even if the product comes in a good packaging.
Stick With Good Brands
Try your best to buy products from good, reliable brands. Sometimes you may have to pay a little extra to get the better brand but it is definitely worth it. Buy from brands that you know and trust so you don’t have to worry about the durability and the material, etc. about the product.
At the end of the day, any of the products will give your 1-year-old a lot of fun! Some more than others but all are enjoyable for sure and educational as well! Your child will absolutely love and adore any toy that you get them. Especially if it’s from this list!
How do I know whether the product is made with good materials or not?
Check the product description. The materials are usually mentioned there. If not, it’s safer to just find a different product.
What if my child does not like the toy or gift?
If your child doesn’t like the toy then you can always return it and get them something else. You can get the different types of toys and see what kind of things they like.
What type of toys will keep my child occupied?
Toys that have a lot of options to play with and multiple customization options as well as toys that let them do things they enjoy.
Check out some other picks: