When you choose to breastfeed your newborn baby, it is a fantastic choice for both you and your little one. Breast milk is the most effective method to offer your infant the appropriate nutrition for healthy development and promotes increased bonding between mother and infant.
Many mothers wonder if to transition their baby from breastfeeding to a sippy cup. This time comes in every baby’s life that he abandoned his babyhood & goes forward to toddlerhood, that’s the ideal time he should leave the bottle or breastfeed & go to get a cup. This can be used as a transition tool between nipple & cup.
We’ll have a look at the choices and review the very best sippy cups for 6-month-old breastfed babies to help the changeover go smoothly!
Table of Contents
- How to Transition from Breastfeeding to a Sippy Cup
- Best Sippy Cup for 6 Month Old Breastfed Baby
- 1. ZoLi BOT 6 Ounce | Siliflex Weighted Straw Sippy Cup
- 2. Munchkin Latch Transition Cup
- 3. NUK Learner Sippy Cup
- 4. Playtex Sipsters Stage 1 Spill-Proof, Leak-Proof, Break-Proof Soft Spout Sippy Cups
- 5. Philips Avent My Natural Trainer Cup
- 6. Green Sprouts Sip & Straw Cup made from Glass
- 7. My First Tervis Sippy Cup
- Buying Guide for the Best Sippy Cup for 6-month-old Breastfed Baby
How to Transition from Breastfeeding to a Sippy Cup
Introducing a sippy cup is not always straightforward. You can make things move a Bit More smoothly by trying a number of the following hints:
- Look for a sippy cup that’s more like breastfeeding: Reach for those larger, softer tops. The more breast-like the sippy cup is, the more easily your little one is very likely to take to it.
- Buy many options: There are a lot of sippy cups on the market and it’s likely your little one will have opinions about what they like. You can help be sure you have a sippy cup that works for your little one by having many different alternatives. Purchase one of each at first and after you know your little one’s preference, you can stock up.
- Use breast milk: Make the transition easier for the little one by changing only one big thing at a time. Rather than presenting a sippy cup at the same time you are introducing water or milk, use pumped breast milk. This will allow your child to concentrate on one major change at a moment.
Best Sippy Cup for 6 Month Old Breastfed Baby
1. ZoLi BOT 6 Ounce | Siliflex Weighted Straw Sippy Cup
The ZoliBOT Sippy Cup is made from polypropylene and a food-grade silicone straw that is soft and will not jab baby’s delicate teeth. The smart weighted straw includes a stainless steel weight and enables your baby to get all the liquid from the cup.
ZoliBOT created this cup with a valve-free lid that prevents slurping air, and the high-quality Sliflex straw is flexible for new students. With an intelligent design, this particular cup allows your baby to get enough fluid without gagging or needing to suck it too challenging.
Made to carry abuse, this cup could be tossed and turned and wrapped around, but it will not leak or emerge. Make the transition from breastfeeding directly for your baby with ZoliBOT Sippy Cup!
2. Munchkin Latch Transition Cup
Munchkin latch transition trainer helps you to create your baby make it easier transitioning from bottle to a cup. We do not understand what the motive is, but many mothers told that their infants refuse all except that one.
It has a very soft & flexible spout that is movable according to the infant’s wish. Additionally, it has a detachable & ergonomic handle for the baby’s little hands, which means you can get rid of the handle as your baby grows up.
3. NUK Learner Sippy Cup
This sippy cup from Nuk includes a soft silicone top spout and piece. The form of the shirt and the substance provides your child with the same feeling as when they’re nursing in the breast. The spout is off-center like a conventional sippy cup, and its shape will make the transition into other sippy cups simpler as well.
This sippy cup is leak-proof and features an air compressor that helps prevent your little one from the unique guzzling atmosphere. As soon as your baby is utilizing the bottle, however, you’ll find that the beverage goes smoothly and with minimal effort.
Designed for children ages six weeks and up, the sippy cup for a 6-month-old breastfed baby also features a detachable handle. With grips on another hand, the handle snaps on the jar. It may spin to give your little one the chance to orient it to the sipping spout as needed.
The handle is open and flexible at the top, which enables your child to hold around the right sippy cup if preferred. The grasps are also textured to provide your little one a non-slip grip.
This sippy cup is BPA-free and safe for your child to use. It’s dishwasher safe and easy to wash. Although you will have to pay attention to the narrowest portion of the spout, there are not many places where mold can pay in.
4. Playtex Sipsters Stage 1 Spill-Proof, Leak-Proof, Break-Proof Soft Spout Sippy Cups
Playtex has been producing household goods since 1932, and such Sipsters Stage 1 Sippy Cups are just one of their secure, smartly-designed products. A baby feeding specialist and nurse helped design these simple to grip, leak-proof cups so going from breastfeeding into a cup is an easy switch.
The handles are removable so that your little one can learn how to hold the cup without them and this 2-pack sippy cup for 6-month-old breastfed baby comes in a variety of colors. Playtex provides a spill-proof and leak-proof guarantee.
5. Philips Avent My Natural Trainer Cup
This sippy cup was created for kids that are four months of age and older. One top piece includes a soft silicone spout that is put in the middle of the cup like a bottle nipple. Another that’s also included in the package features a sippy cup-style spout. The spout provides a speedy flow which gives immediate positive reinforcement to get a brand new sippy cup consumer.
This sippy cup includes a removable handle. Unlike many others that snap onto the bottom, this handle slides across the neck of the jar before screwing down the spout and lid. This usually means that you have to disassemble the best sippy cup for a 6-month-old breastfed baby to remove or add to the deal. The grips do comprise a textured underside to make them more comfortable for the child to hold.
If you presently have Avent products in your lineup, then this one fits in easily. It’s made to be mixed and matched with other bottles and shirts from Avent. This can be a great way to keep up with your child’s growing demands without wasting space or money. When your child is ready to graduate to some more sippy cup-like spout, you may swap that for the bottle-style spout. The cup contained in this set can hold 5 ounces.
6. Green Sprouts Sip & Straw Cup made from Glass
Green Sprouts Glass Sip & Straw Cup protects fluids from any contamination with a stable glass cup plus plastic sheeting. The container is surrounded by a plastic casing to protect it from breaking. The soft, almost spout-like straw isn’t vented, so it mimics the free flow of milk from breastfeeding as well as the spout and straw spout can be interchanged because the infant’s needs change.
Baby can drink from the spout either straight up or tilted to accommodate their taste. This infant cup gives a simple transition from breastfeeding and grows with your baby as they become better at handling their new container.
7. My First Tervis Sippy Cup
If you’ve been searching for a versatile sippy cup, this model from Tervis might be worth considering. It’s made to be used with both hot or cold beverages. The double-walled tumbler helps prevent excessive moisture from forming and keeps the sippy cup simple to hold.
This sippy cup also offers a handle. It’s attached directly to the lid so that you don’t need to worry about the orientation. The container is BPA-free and safe to place in both the dishwasher and the microwave. Like most plastics, you’ll want to make sure this sippy cup for 6-month-old breastfed baby sticks into the upper rack only when in the dishwasher.
When these units are rather sturdy and not prone to breaking, they can scratch and stain. If your little one is a juice drinker, you might choose to steer clear of those juices that tend to discoloring plastics.
This sippy cup includes marks at the top to assist you to know where to start screwing the lid on. This helps to ensure your cover is fastened properly every time that helps decrease the likelihood of leaking. This unit’s top piece is one piece that permits simple cleaning. It has a traditional sippy cup shape into the lid having an offset spout.
The plastic used in the lid and throughout the spout is more durable than the lightweight silicone of bottle nipples. This is a superb feature if you’ve got a little one that likes to lose weight while using their cup.
Buying Guide for the Best Sippy Cup for 6-month-old Breastfed Baby
It’s always much better to have two grips so that your child will feel comfortable catching the cup together with either side or both hands. It is normally too tough to tell if an infant is left or right before age 3, so let them decide which hand to use to catch the cup handle.
You are going to wish to make certain whatever cup you purchase is your own BPA and PVC-free. While high-quality plastics are typical, there are nevertheless a few cups created out of glass to the very best sterilization properties such as the Green Sprouts Glass Sip & Straw Cup. Never utilize a training cup produced of substances that contain any poisonous substances. Infants will absorb the toxins and also don’t have the capability for their small bodies to resist contamination.
If you will simply be using the infant’s brand new cap at a highchair, then whether it escapes or not may matter. But typically, you are going to use the cup through cuddle time, playtime, forcing excursions, and if you are on the go. Spills earn more work for you and disrupt the infant’s confidence in tackling the new sippy cup.
Spouted or Strawed
Most sippy cups possess a ‘nipple’ form to suck similar to a jar or a mommy’s breast. Others have a soft palate. Which you choose is dependent upon your infant’s response to the initial launch of a cup. Soft, jar-type cups are somewhat very similar to a mother’s breast and great for picky babies. The straw kinds make it much easier to transition faster and work nicely with a few infants.
Can a 6-month-old use a sippy cup?
According to pediatric experts, the best time to introduce a baby with a sippy cup is between six or nine months of age. The critical factor is if the baby can sit up and have reasonable control over its neck.
Which sippy cup should 6-month-old use?
The best way to start is with five or ten-ounce learner cups. Experts recommend 6-month-olds to begin with spoutless beginner cups without straws. It is wise to buy a couple of different types since children can be picky and have special preferences.
Can breastfeeding babies use sippy cups?
Yes, they can. It’s smart to introduce the cup to the baby early on so they can get used to holding and drinking from it. Although pediatric experts recommend that breastfeeding should last at least 12 months, more than 80 percent of moms don’t do this. It is mostly because of the physical challenges and wanting to get back to work. Sippy cups are great in this case and can ease both mom’s and baby’s transition.
How to introduce a 6-month-old to a sippy cup?
When a baby can sit up, it’s the best time to start introducing its first sippy cup. You can start off by offering the baby some breast milk in a cup. Do this during mealtime as babies of this age should start having a meal routine and avoid obesity problems.
Can a sippy cup affect a baby’s health?
If you’re careful and always consult your pediatric expert, no. Generally, you shouldn’t let the babies sip from the cup all day long and teach them to do it only during meals as it can lead to obesity. Avoid prolonged use of the cup as it can lead to significant oral health problems because children don’t learn to swallow correctly.
A new baby is a new life added for your loved ones, and as a mom, you only want the very best for your child. When it is time to go from breastfeeding into a proper age cup, it’s a decision that you would like to be assured of. Our reviews of the very best sippy cup for a six-month-old breastfed baby are provided to assist you in buying the best product for your precious little one.
Babies will need to understand how to use a sippy cup eventually. The right model can make the transition easier. Of them, I use and enjoy the Nuk Learner Sippy Cups. They are simple to clean and do not harbor mold. Additionally, they’re just the right size for smaller hands, and the spout is leakproof.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- Promotes easy drinking transition from breast to bottle to independent feeding
- Spout is 45% wider for a more natural feel, allowing baby to grow with the NUK Simply Natural platform of natural feeding
- Cup features ergonomic, easy to hold handles, spill-proof, soft silicone spout, Anti-Colic Air Vent that helps reduce swallowing air
- Dishwasher safe, BPA free, 6m plus
- Compared to the NUK Fashion Learner Cup
- Soft silicone spout is gentle on baby's gums
- Ultra flexible spout moves with baby
- Removable handles are soft and easy to hold
- 4 plus months
- BPA-free & top rack dishwasher safe
- PPSU Material: The bottle is made of PPSU which is light yellow, high transparency, BPA free, strong molecular stability and high-temperature resistance. Compared with the bottle made of PP, the PPSU...
- 2 Types of Nipple: 2 nipples are made of food-grade silicone. The spout type is suitable for babies aged 6-12 months, It's soft, durable, and the water outlet method is similar to a pacifier, which...
- Drink at Ease: The Straw combination has 4 layers of anti-seepage design, even if the bottle is inverted, it will not leak. With a weighted ball at the end of the straw, baby can drink water easily...
- Clear & Cute: There are two scale indications（oz&ml） on the bottle, you can see easily how much water your baby has drunk. There are also cute animal patterns on the bottle body, making babies...
- 3 Colors & 2 Sizes: POTATO has found through research that pink, blue and green are the three favorite colors of babies. So we choose these three colors for the straw cup to meet the baby's pursuit....
- 【Safe to drink】100% silicone material, the super soft skin-like silicone won't hurt the baby. The food grade silicone also can be washed at high temperature.
- 【Easy transition】The soft squishy feel, allowing baby to grow with the Bololo simply natural platform of natural feeding. Easier to transition from bottle to cup.
- 【Dual-purpose kit】Spout type is suitable for babies aged 6-12 months. Straw type is suitable for kids over 12 months.
- 【Easy to disassemble and clean】Simple structure to disassemble easily. Ultra wide-neck design also allows easy cleaning.
- 【Guaranteed no leaks】The faucet and the handle, the cup body and the handle are double fixed to prevent leakage. The included lid and prevent spills or leaks when on the go.
- SEMI SOFT SPOUT SIPPY CUP is gentle on gums but built tough for teeth. Trainer sippy spout with a subtle groove helps properly position the lower lip for easy drinking
- NO SPILL SIPPY CUP with sip activated flow for spill free drinking
- INTERCHANGEABLE lids, spouts and cups, all BPA, Latex and PVC Free
- EASY-TO-HOLD 7 oz. sippy cup with ergonomic indents for proper hand placement and non-slip removable handles
- EASY TO KEEP CLEAN - snap-on cap keeps spout clean when not in use and minimal parts are dishwasher safe and easy to assemble
- Unique rippled container shape, easy for baby to grip
- Soft silicone spout
- No spill sippy cup with one piece built in valve
- 3 parts, easy to clean
- BPA Free and dishwasher safe
- A soft approach leads to big leaps in the bottle to cup transitions with the Dr. Brown’s Soft Spout Transition Cup!
- Soft silicone spout feels familiar and offers spill-proof learning. Sturdy handles and contoured shape for good grip with little hands.
- Lid folds all the way back to stay out of baby’s way, and keeps spout clean when not in use.
- Bright blue and pink colors with cute rainbow and star patterns keep baby coming back for more.
- One-piece valve for quick assembly and easy cleaning. Dishwasher safe (top rack) and BPA free. 6 oz/180 ml, 6m+.
- Two 5-ounce soft sippy cups for a smooth transition from breast or bottle to cup-drinking. Ideal for infants 4+ months
- TWO BOTTLE NIPPLES: Silicone bottle nipple and offset soft spout offer multiple drinking options
- EXTRA GENTLE: Super soft drinking spouts for baby's sensitive gums
- INTERCHANGEABLE: Removable easy-grip handles and tops are compatible with other cups
- SPILL-FREE: Attach cap to prevent spills on the go