Should we teach children how to use knives from a young age, responsibility when using them? Yes. Most pocket knives for kids are made of wood or plastic, ensuring a safety index for children. Children will be more excited about self-serving themselves like cutting fruits, helping mothers cook…
Table of Contents
- List of 12 Best Safest Pocket Knife for Kids
- 1. Spyderco PLKIT1 Delica 4 Knife Kit with Folding Plastic Blade Drop Point – Our Top Pick
- 2. Theo Klein Toy Swiss Army Knife – Best Compact
- 3. Wooden Pocket Knife Kit USA Tin Box-Seasonal Toys
- 4. Channel Craft, JJ’s Pocket Knife – Introduction to Woodworking
- 5. Opinel Stainless Steel Locking Folding
- 6. Spyderco Dragonfly Wooden Knife Kit Gift Tin
- 7. JJ’s LockBack Wooden Pocket Knife Kit
- 8. Morakniv Rookie Fixed Blade Safe Knife for Kids with Blunt Tip
- 9. JJ’s Knife Kit JJ6 Fixed Blade
- 10. RKT Nathan’s Knife Kit: Wooden Pocket Knife
- 11. Klecker Knives Trigger Knife Kit
- 12. Kai Little Chef Club Children’s Stainless Steel Knife
Comparison Table of Top Picks
List of 12 Best Safest Pocket Knife for Kids
1. Spyderco PLKIT1 Delica 4 Knife Kit with Folding Plastic Blade Drop Point – Our Top Pick
This Spyderco thing Is an Excellent Folding Blade Knife. Is the model Plastic Knife Bundle NEW. This Spyderco thing is Glow-In-The-Dark. The knife can be customized with paints for a truly unique finished item.
The Spyderco Knife kit enables kids seven and up to build their very own folding knife. This is a great way for adults to teach youngsters about the function and safe handling of a folding knife without safety concerns.
2. Theo Klein Toy Swiss Army Knife – Best Compact
The ever-popular Swiss Army knife at a child version. Like the real thing – could snap onto a belt. Comes with a plastic spoon, fork, knife, blade, and a small saw.
Compact, agile, and ready to face any adventure head-on. Bring this knife with you on your daily adventures without sacrificing space.
3. Wooden Pocket Knife Kit USA Tin Box-Seasonal Toys
Neat tin involves a real Wooden Pocket Knife Kit! Just follow the instructions to make a real knife with nine parts. It is a fantastic introduction to craft woodworking.
The timber blades are firmly unsharpened and rounded for little hands-on. Our high-quality Pocket Knife Kit is created in America. A special gift for your cub scout, boy scout, cowboy, or camping enthusiast.
4. Channel Craft, JJ’s Pocket Knife – Introduction to Woodworking
This precision laser-cut woodcraft kit is a fantastic introduction to the area of woodworking. The wooden pieces snap together, or to get more innovative fun, use a bit of glue, sandpaper, paint, and wood stain.
This pocket knife for kid kit includes six beautiful wood bits, three metal pins, and a complete set of instructions, all housed in a classic tin case with a hinged lid.
5. Opinel Stainless Steel Locking Folding
Perfect for picnics, the Opinel Round Ended Knife is the go-to man for slicing apples or gourmet cheese on the go. A folding design and rounded tip boost your level of safety, whereas the stainless steel blade and quality handle ensure you’ll get this knife for years to come.
6. Spyderco Dragonfly Wooden Knife Kit Gift Tin
Educate Spyderco children about how pocket knives operate and enjoy a fun family job at the same time. This easily assembled kit yields a full size 4004084 of the Dragonfly pocket knife that folds exactly like the true thing, but is entirely made of wood and has no sharp edges or points.
For ages 7 and up, this entertaining kit includes complete step-by-step instructions. Great for almost any new knife fan of any age to learn about the intricacy of knife construction.
7. JJ’s LockBack Wooden Pocket Knife Kit
JJ’s Lockback Knife Kit made in the USA. No other knife kit is US-made and conforms to US standards for toys. Great way to teach knife safety and proper handling.
Comes as a kit with all components needed to construct a functioning, spring action lock back knife. Blade advantage rather than sharpened.
This toy is an excellent craft project. STEM principles of mechanical cam action and locking mechanism are learned when building.
8. Morakniv Rookie Fixed Blade Safe Knife for Kids with Blunt Tip
Safety first – the Morakniv rookie is the perfect choice for the kids knife user. The beginner knife is a brand new sibling into the popular Morakniv Scout knives. This new M-12991 has a much more rounded safety tip to boost security even further. Along with the finger Guard – which prevents the hands from slipping onto the blade – the rookie is a suitable entrance knife for children’s woodcarving.
The small, spindle-shaped handle is a good size for children’s hands along the pure timber is extra nice to hold and work with. Stainless steel blade. A Black polypropylene sheath retains both the knife and is user-friendly when the knife’s not being used.
9. JJ’s Knife Kit JJ6 Fixed Blade
JJ”s Knife Kit – 2 Blade Over Under Knife Kit. Model JJ6. Includes all parts needed to make a wooden 2-blade Over & Under the pocket knife. Kit includes 7 pieces of timber, 3 alloy pins, and an instruction card.
The blades that are included are unsharpened and have curved points. Kit includes small parts. Adult supervision is required. Not suggested for kids under 7 years old.
10. RKT Nathan’s Knife Kit: Wooden Pocket Knife
Nathan’s Knife Kit has been adopted as the go-to teaching tool to instal knife security and responsibility for youth worldwide. Award-winning, Oregon based designer, Glenn Klecker and his son Nathan, developed this timber knife apparel as a family crafts job that isn’t only a fantastic engineering lesson in the way the folding knife works, but also a creative woodworking project which may be painted, stained, or drawn on for pleasure.
11. Klecker Knives Trigger Knife Kit
Use this kit to help teach your kid knife safety and accountable knife possession skills. Made from PVC plastic just like model automobiles and aeroplanes are. All edges are rounded for security, similar to a plastic butter knife.
12. Kai Little Chef Club Children’s Stainless Steel Knife
Easy to hold sounds like a much safer choice than anything else that I have in my kitchen and the children love helping in the kitchen.
What is the appropriate age to give a pocket knife to a kid?
You can give your kids their first pocket knives when they are between 5 or 7 years of age. It is recommended that you supervise the kids when doing this. The most important thing is that it’s made for children and that it has a rounded tip. Entrusting your kid with a pocket knife depends a lot on the child’s maturity and ability to take responsibility.
Are pocket knifes safe for kids?
Kids’ pocket knives are generally made out of plastic and wood, so they are safe. Serrated edges will ensure that your child is safe. Plastic and wooden knives are great for cutting fruits and vegetables and will serve your child’s purposes.
Which is the best pocket knife for beginners?
We recommend Morakniv rookie fixed blade. It is an excellent option for a beginner blade since it has a rounded tip and finger guard, which is excellent for cut prevention. Safety is the most important thing for beginners, so when you decide to purchase this product for your kid, make sure you take all necessary precautions.
What are the benefits of kids’ pocket knives?
When supervised, pocket knives are a great gift that will teach your kid the difference between toy and tool. Kids learn a lot about responsibility when they get such an important gift. It boasts a child’s independence and, over time, increases its physical dexterity. Oversee your children and teach them how to use these knives as they will be a vital tool in their lives.
What is the crucial feature to consider when buying my child a pocket knife?
Safety should always come first, so look for features such as safety tips, serrated edges, and finger guards. A folding knife is a great option to save space and can easily fit in pockets or on a child’s belt.
If you are looking for more educational toys, products or ways to involve your kid in the kitchen, check out our review on:
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- Wood knife kit
- Teach knife safety and responsibility
- Family Crafts Project: Recommended for kids 7 and up
- Designed by Glenn Klecker in Silverton, Oregon
- CRKT accessories have a one-year limited warranty against defects in material or manufacturing, see company site for details
- Engineered for quality and durability
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Award winning manufacturing methods
- Smooth wooden handles
- Wooden blades
- JJ's ORIGINAL KNIFE KIT - This precision laser-cut wood craft kit is a great introduction to the world of woodworking. The wooden pieces snap together, or for more advanced fun, use a bit of glue,...
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED - This pocket knife kit comes with six beautiful wood pieces, three metal pins, and complete set of instructions, all housed in a classic tin case with a hinged lid.
- FUN DIY PROJECT - The tin makes a great case for holding your completed knife. The wood parts fit together precisely and are easy to assemble; technical support is also available if necessary. Great...
- MADE IN USA FROM AMERICAN HARDWOODS - The knife pieces are made from beautiful maple and cherrywood. The packaging is reminiscent of the toys and gifts available at general stores from generations...
- SAFETY FIRST - The blade in the kit has a rounded point and no sharp edges. Recommended for ages 7 and up. Choking hazard for children under 3 years.
- Add a touch of sophistication to any occasion and enjoy the convenience of disposables with these natural birchwood knives that are compostable, biodegradable and offer offer a natural and...
- Measuring 6.5” X 0.8” X 0.2”, these knives ship in packs of 150 and feature a flat, easy-to-grip design. Will withstand normal usage without breaking or snapping and are ideal for cold or hot...
- Smooth edges provide comfort while using. No coatings, waxes or chemicals of any sort used. Accepted at most composting facilities, check with your local facility for proper disposal guidelines.
- Looking for other disposable products? See our other listings to explore our extensive collection of environmentally friendly disposal products such as paper plates, cups, straws and much more.
- 【CUTE GIFT】 The cartoon fish shape, coupled with exquisite packaging, is a good gift for children on birthdays or holidays.
- 【SAFETY】 This safe knife is designed for kids, It's easy to use and it can't cut the skin and allows the child to take part in cooking dinner with the family.
- 【NATURAL & ECO-FRIENDLY】Our knife for kids is made using eco-friendly, natural without using any harmful chemicals, colors, plastics or anything else that can be harmful to your little ones.
- 【SCOPE OF APPLICATION】 Kids knife can cut tomatoes, zucchini, lettuce, strawberries, apples, bananas and other vegetables and fruits.
- 【FULL WARRANTY】 If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, simply let us know and you will receive a FULL refund or replacement, no questions asked.
- 【Ability Training】Our wooden kids knife is made natural wood and specially designed for kids aged 2-10, since childhood to enhance cognition and hands-on ability.
- 【Kids Safe】Whole body polished rounded corners, no sharp cutting edges, rest assured to let children play their nature freely.
- 【Easy To Operate】The ergonomic handle design, the toddler has little strength, and the vertical pressing is more labor-saving.
- 【Scope Of Application】The Kids knife is safe for kids to cut tomatoes,strawberries, apples, bananas and other vegetables and fruits.
- 【Talented Gift】Children can use this knife to cook their favorite fruits or salads. This is also a very meaningful gift.