Children and babies are very susceptible to respiratory diseases, especially allergic rhinitis because of bad immunity. If not treated early, the disorder could seriously affect the health and development of the baby.
The following article will help parents find the most effective, safe allergy medicine for kid’s children.
Top 10 Best Allergy Medicine for Kids
1. Kids Allergy Medicine by Hyland’s 4Kids Non-Drowsy Children’s Allergy Relief Quick Dissolving Tablets
- Allergy medicine for kids natural relief of symptoms of indoor and outdoor allergens including itchy nose and throat, itchy, watery eyes, runny nose, coughing, and sinus pain.
- Quick-dissolving pills that melt in the mouth immediately to alleviate itchy nose & throat, itchy, watery eyes, runny nose, and coughing.
- Our gentle homeopathic formulas are created out of all-natural active ingredients. There are no known side-effects and will not conflict with any medicines you may be taking
2. Genexa Allergy-D for Children – 60 Tablets
- Allergy medicine for kids treatment helps treat seasonal allergy symptoms including sneezing, runny nose, irritated eyes, nasal congestion, and itchy nose and throat. Safe and non-drowsy allergy formula for children free of potentially harmful ingredients that are inactive.
- Allergy-D’s safe, organic formula was created by our Chief Formulating Officer, a medical physician, and homeopathic physician. Free of artificial dyes, flavors, and preservatives. No common pollutants such as gluten or lactose. Certified Gluten-Free and Certified Vegan. Organic berry chewable tablets taste great and are easy to take.
3. Kids Relief Allergy Oral Solution
- The natural homeopathic formula alleviates allergy symptoms in children ages two and up. Allergy medicine for kids relieves nasal congestion and sneezing, alleviates itchy eyes, ears, throat, and skin and prevents eyes from tearing. Safe, no side effects, no drug interaction, no risk of overdose. Sugar and dye-free. Easy-to-administer, great-tasting liquid formula.
4. Claritin Children’s 24-Hour Non-Drowsy Allergy Grape Chewable Tablet, Antihistamine
- Children’s Claritin – allergy medication for kids is your #1 pediatrician recommended non-drowsy oral allergy manufacturer. It’s the only brand that offers 24-hour non-drowsy allergy relief solutions. Claritin provides all-day relief from symptoms triggered by over 200+ unique allergens like those from pets, pollen, dust, and mold.
- Claritin alleviates seasonal allergies caused by an overreaction of the immune system to normal allergens found outside, such as those from mold spores, and shrub, grass, and weed pollens. Claritin relieves allergy symptoms, including sneezing, runny nose, itchy/watery eyes, and itchy throat/nose caused by common indoor pollutants like dust mites, pet dander, and mold.
5. Claritin Children’s Allergy Non-Drowsy Syrup
- 24-count bottle of Children’s Zyrtec 24 Hour Allergy Dissolve Tablets for all-day relief of allergy symptoms including runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, and itchy nose and throat. Each allergy tablet contains 10 milligrams of effective cetirizine hydrochloride antihistamine and melts in the mouth with a kid-friendly citrus taste.
- Give your child powerful relief from hay fever and other upper respiratory allergies for this prescription-strength allergy medicine for kids. Intended for children ages 6 and older, Zyrtec children’ allergy tablets can be taken with or without water to help relieve symptoms of both indoor and outdoor allergies. Zyrtec children’s dissolving pills work for a whole 24 hours, supplying consistently strong relief of your kid’s allergies.
6. Allegra Children’s 12 Hour Allergy Relief Berry
- Sneezing? Stuffy nose? Itchy throat and eyes? Sinus pressure and post-nasal trickle? Allegra offers hours of allergy symptom relief without the drowsiness of other allergy remedies, so it is possible to feel better and return to your day.
- For children age 6 and up; quick relief from allergies, lasting up to 12 hours. These pills melt on the tongue so they’re simple for kids to take, making it easy for parents to help their child feel better & get back to play. Allergy medicine for kids relieves allergy symptoms caused by both indoor & outdoor pollutants. Turn to Allegra for fast, powerful, and secure relief from allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose & watery eyes which can last up to 12 hours.
7. Kids Relief Allergy Oral Solution
- Children Relief homeopathic allergy medicine offers powerful relief of allergy symptoms such as sneezing, nasal congestion, itchy throat and skin irritation, and watery eyes. Dye-free sugar-free, Gluten-free. Safe, no side effects. For children from 0 to 12 decades of age.
8. Zyrtec 24 Hr Children’s Allergy Syrup with Cetirizine, Dye- & Sugar-Free, Grape Flavor
- 4-fluid oz of Children’s Zyrtec Allergy Syrup for relief of indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms including runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes and itchy nose and throat. Zyrtec children’s allergy symptoms contain 5 mg of cetirizine hydrochloride in each 5 mL and supplies 24 hours of kids’ allergy relief from symptoms of hay fever and other upper respiratory ailments.
- From the #1 pediatrician recommended the newest for children’s allergies among OTC oral antihistamines, this children’s allergy liquid is offered in kid-friendly flavors and is equally dye-free and sugar-free. Kids’ allergy medicine includes dosing cup also is suitable for kids ages two years and upward, for always powerful relief of your kid’s allergies
9. Basic Care Children’s All Day Allergy Cetirizine HCl Oral Solution, 8 Ounce
- Children’s All Day Allergy, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Oral Solution 1 mg/mL, Grape Flavor, the active ingredient is Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5 mg in every mL, an antihistamine approved for the treatment of indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms for ages 2 decades and over. One dose functions for a full 24 hours. A dosage cup is included. This item is gluten-free and dye-free.
- An allergy is a sensitivity to a chemical that is usually harmless. Flowers, trees, a family pet, or dust are examples of things that could cause an allergy. Even foods such as peanut butter, fish, and milk can result in an allergic reaction to individuals with sensitivities to them. A substance that activates an allergy is known as an allergen.
- Individuals can have different responses to allergens, even if they are allergic to the same things. For instance, an allergen that causes eye inflammation in one individual might cause an upset stomach in a different.
10. Boiron Rhinallergy Kids Tablets, 60Count, White
- Help your child’s body the natural way. RhinAllergy Kid’s Pills briefly relieve one or more of these symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies: itchy and watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, and itchy nose and throat. RhinAllergy pills have a flavor that kids will love.
- For Children 2 & elderly. Runny nose, spasmodic cough associated with hay fever, burning and irritated eyes, sneezing and itchy throat, and nasal discharge. This non-drowsy remedy will not leave kids feeling groggy. Playtime can be a time free from allergies and nausea.
How old should the kid be to take allergy medicine?
Most anti-allergy medicine is safe to use from 2 years of age and beyond. Generally, oral antihistamines like Claritin are kids-friendly and effective. There are nasal sprays that are also effective and kick in fast, but it’s smarter to consult a pediatrician since certain types of sprays can bother young children.
Is it safe for kids to use allergy meds?
Yes, it is. Most symptoms that manifest through allergies can seem like common cold or virus so, the smartest thing is to consult your pediatric expert, especially for nasal sprays, since some meds for seasonal allergies containing pseudoephedrine are available on prescription.
What are the side effects of allergy medicine?
Common side effects of allergy medicine don’t have severe consequences. These include dry mouth, dizziness, and drowsiness. However, there are rare forms of side effects that include blood disorder, hallucinations, reduced blood pressure, and in some situations, even seizures. If you have any questions or doubts about this type of medicine, it is wise to consult a pediatrician.
Is it safe to take medicine for allergies every day?
Pediatric experts recommend that your kid should take these meds every day instead of taking them only when the unwanted symptoms occur. It’s also smart to preventively take medicine a few weeks before seasonal allergies start since some pills and sprays give you fast relief while others might take some time to kick in.
Which allergy meds give you the fastest relief?
Decongestants are known to give the fastest relief to allergic reactions. They are produced as nasal sprays, but you can also find them in pill form. In most states, you need to have a prescription for these meds. Practical as they are, they are not recommended for everyone. If you have heart problems, specifically high blood pressure, do not take them.
To take care of infectious rhinitis in children, parents often choose allergy medicine for kids particular treatment such as nasal decongestants, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medications, nasal sprays containing corticosteroids…
In some severe cases, Your physician can prescribe immunization or set the medication under the tongue. Nevertheless, these medications are strong, easily inducing side effects for children. Therefore, experts recommend that parents should be cautious when using allergy medicine for kids.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon: