We are looking for a tech-savvy Specialist and help desk guru to join our team, reporting to the Director of IT. Successful candidates will be eager to expand their knowledge-base and demonstrate the desire to advance their career. Applicants should enjoy solving technology puzzles and working within a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and dynamic business environment, where customer service is a critical skill.
The Technology Specialist will troubleshoot and resolve technology and network issues including configuration and maintenance of hardware; such as desktops, printers, and servers. Expert ability to test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems; and provide excellent desktop support for staff.
- Provide ongoing support for IT solutions. Work independently and in collaboration with outside vendors to identify and resolve technical issues including: POS, Ecommerce, software, operating system, and networking problems.
- Document and communicate issues and resolutions, escalate issues when necessary.
- Serve as a liaison between the company and technology vendors.
- Maintain user permissions: active directory, email, and vendor applications.
- Install and troubleshoot desktop hardware, network hardware, and software according to Company standards and procedures.
- Install and implement telephony equipment including IP phones.
- Provide and maintain inventory management of hardware, and software licenses.
- Document, design and implement processes, or process improvements, to aid in Company technology, development and support.
- Research and facilitate hardware and software purchases.
- Flexibility to be "on call" on an as needed basis for evenings and weekends.
- Occasional travel to other Company locations within the Boston area.
- Participate in testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years' experience in an Information Technology support role.
- Experience working with technology vendors and partners, including ISPs, VoIP phone system, software, and hardware vendors.
- Working knowledge of MS operating systems, network, desktop administration, mobile devices (Smart phone, Tablets), and VMware.
- Familiarity with collaboration tools, such as SharePoint and/or Google docs.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint), VBA a plus.
- A+ certification, Network+, certifications in the Microsoft Certified Professional program preferred.
- Knowledge of POS, Ecommerce, CRM, Merchandising systems preferred.
- Ability to organize, plan, work on multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Creative and strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer-service to internal customers by communicating effectively with end-users in a relaxed, non-technical, collaborative manner.
- Ability to keep both parents and children engaged.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your cover letter in the body of the email. Include "Technology Specialist" in the email subject line.