At Isis, we love babies and the people who come with them. If you share our passion, join our growing team and be part of our mission to make navigating childbirth and parenting easier, less stressful, and more joyful Isis educators enjoy working with new parents in our community-based centers, providing a comfortable and secure environment to lead parenting groups.
About the Position:
Isis Early Parenting groups begin with our prenatal mother’s group, Mom in the Making and continue after the arrival of baby with our hallmark program, Great Beginnings, designed especially for mothers and newborns from 2 weeks – 2 months (at start). The Next Step Baby Group transitions to more baby activities with a circle time of singing and baby play ideas, in addition to discussion topics and the Second Time Moms group provides gentle reminders and support for the growing family. Fathers are welcomed in their own, unique four week series, Time for Dads.
Each series follows a detailed curriculum of discussion topics, hands-on demonstrations and information on maternal/paternal and infant health, safety and development. Instructors create a comfortable, safe and engaging environment, promoting open conversation and interaction within and outside the group setting so that friendships are formed. Instructors guide parents and infants in a group setting at one or more of our Isis Parenting locations in Arlington, Needham, Hanover and Boston, and at additional centers opening in 2013. Classes take place on weekdays, early evenings and weekends meeting once a week for four/eight consecutive weeks, with the same parent/infant pairs attending. Instructors commit to the entire four/eight week series for continuity and typically teach 3 – 4 classes/day.
- Set-up and break-down of classroom and teaching materials.
- Create an environment that is welcoming, safe, inclusive and supportive of all clients.
- Be engaging, knowledgeable and non-judgmental.
- Follow the curriculum provided; enhance topics with professional and personal experiences.
- Remain current in related topic areas through readings, workshops, professional affiliations and Isis communications.
- Maintain familiarity with Isis Parenting products and services and guide clients to find the appropriate products, classes and services for their needs.
- Attend periodic training sessions, class observations and team meetings.
- Current professional or clinical experience in early pediatrics (birth to1 year), Maternal Child Health and/or Infant Development.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a health or child development related field: RN, NP, MPH, IBCLC, CD, MSW, M.Ed., CLS, CEIS are examples of degrees held by our Early Parenting group instructors.
- Expertise and comfort-level working with parents and very young infants, including hands-on demonstrations.
- Two or more years of Parent Education with classroom teaching experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with basic technology.
- Please send resume, cover letter and two references to email@example.com with “Early Parenting Group Facilitator” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter in the body of your e-mail describing your qualifications for the position and attach your resume in MS Word format.